Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked*sigh* Split ends

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *sigh* Split ends
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:48am
Hi, Wendy!I have found that it is best to trim split ends and start over. If you can't take a substantial trimming all at one time, do it over a period of about a month.Generally, I have found that coupled with excellent hair products, most notably a conditioner, and low-level styling abuse, Vitamin C works wonders. A good while ago, I trimmed about 4 inches of split ends from my hair, which I hated, and began taking 1,000mg (1gram) of Vitamin C per day. I take more than that amount now to ward off acne and pollen reactions, but I will tell you that I noticed a difference with the splits very fast. I have never had such a problem since that time. I think the most I've taken since that time has been about 1/8" at one time. Also, I place a small amount of jojoba oil on the ends of my hair nearly every night. Great protection!Hope this helps...Jade21Is there anything I can do to stop or repair these> split ends?
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:48am
Oh, do I hate split ends! I noticed quite an improvement when I used Neutrogena heat safe on my hair before using a blow dryer or curling iron. I thought Curessence would be better, but in my experience, I slowed down the split ends better with the Neutrogena.Also, I don't specifically shampoo the ends of my hair. The lather just runs down the hair and will wash the ends well enough.Obviously, a good conditioner helps as well. My stylist told me to gently run a comb through the wet hair with the conditioner still on so that it will reach more of the individual hairs instead of just sitting on top of the hair.And, of course, the thing you don't want to hear is....trim the ends. I've found that more frequent trims (with a stylist you can trust to just barely trim it) work better than waiting a longer period of time between trims. Once a split end starts, it can keep splitting up the hair, which is not good.I'm certainly no expert, but the above has slowed down my rate of getting split ends. Good luck!
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:48am
Is there anything I can do to stop or repair these split ends?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic