Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhair growth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair growth
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:49am
Hi,I posted this on the long hair site list as well, but I measured my hair for the first time last night, and it measured 28", in a dry and kind of wavy state. Which is pretty exciting to me. The bummer part is the tape measure indicated that I would need 11" more inches to reach my waist and another 6-8' to reach my butt. (I am 6' tall)That's it for now.Regards,Clare
Clare
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:50am
> Hi,> I posted this on the long hair site list as well, but> I measured my hair for the first time last night, and> it measured 28", in a dry and kind of wavy state.> Which is pretty exciting to me. The bummer part is the> tape measure indicated that I would need 11" more> inches to reach my waist and another 6-8' to reach my> butt. (I am 6' tall)> That's it for now.> Regards,> ClareHi Clare!28 inches so far... cool! :-) Another 11 to your waist would mean 39 inches. Are you measuring from your forehead? I too am 6 feet tall and measured this way, this distance is 36 inches... and as a man I am not "high-waisted," as (most all) women are... So I'm curious about the reference point of your measurement.Anyway, take care and happy hair-growing! :-)Dave
David M Squires
Clare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:50am
> Hi Clare!> 28 inches so far... cool! :-) Another 11 to your waist> would mean 39 inches. Are you measuring from your> forehead? I too am 6 feet tall and measured this way,> this distance is 36 inches... and as a man I am not> "high-waisted," as (most all) women are...> So I'm curious about the reference point of your> measurement.> Anyway, take care and happy hair-growing! :-)> DaveHi, Dave,I measured from my forehead, since I figured that's the best way to be consistent. I was measuring where my jeans sit at my waist. How long did it take to get to 36"? I have been growing my hair seriously for the last 1.5 to 2 years.Clare
Clare
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:50am
Hi Clare,It took me about five years to grow my hair to my waist. But I startedfrom the typical short businessman's "execu-cut" (1-2 inch layers).And my hair grows at the average rate of six inches per year.Although measuring from the forehead provides a consistent measurement,it does not give an accurate indication of the longest hairs on one'shead. The longest hairs on my head were about 30 or 31 inches when myhair was waist-length (it's a bit longer now).Take care, Clare :-)Dave
David M Squires
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic