Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedGrowing out wavy hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Leanan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing out wavy hair...
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:58am
Hi all,I started growing out my thick, slightly wavy hair and I am wondering of there is anything I can do to enhance my wave. I really like it wavy and don't want to straighten it at all. Are there any products you would recommend or maybe even a certain cut/style that would enhance my waves (layers?). I'm currently keeping my bangs, but may grow them out later.ThanX for your helpLeanan
There is not only black and white, there is also grey

Leanan
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:58am
Hi there!I have loose curly hair, so I do know soemthing about enhancing texture. First, find yourself a really wonderful volumizing gel.... ARTec makes a great one, but there are other cheapies out there. Next, grad your dryer and attach a big diffuser (the kind that has the 'fingers' sticking up from it) and diffuse dry on medium heat, low speed. This should help quite a bit. Also, you may want to keep your hair layered to enhance your wave. With less weight on your roots, your hair should really bounce up! HTH :)Sherry~> Hi all,> I started growing out my thick, slightly wavy hair and> I am wondering of there is anything I can do to> enhance my wave. I really like it wavy and don't want> to straighten it at all. Are there any products you> would recommend or maybe even a certain cut/style that> would enhance my waves (layers?). I'm currently> keeping my bangs, but may grow them out later.> ThanX for your help> Leanan
harvey View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harvey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:59am
I'm can relate to your feelings. I'm a middle aged guy who for years kept my curly hair closely cropped, not knowing what else to do with managing it. Then when I started dating again after my divorce, a couple woman suggested I grow it out. They like the curls and thoughtthat with a fuller head of hair I'd look better. It took a while, but I finally did it about a year ago, saying to myself that I didn't care what my customers might say (I sell hi-end wallcovering and papers to the trade). Well the stage your going thru is tough, but its worth it. For me the four month point was tough. My slightly graying black hair I comb straight back, so I didn't have the bangs problem at first. My bigger problem was withthe back and until I had enough length to make a ponytail it looked shaggy and unkempt. But all my customers liked it so I was encouraged to go on. IT's grown out over the year in tight wavesand loose curls down below my shoulders.Most times at home or when relaxing I just pull the front hairsback and pin them. Other times at work and when playing tennis I braid itinto a pony tail. Be glad you don't have aguys problem of your curls getting in the way of shaving your beard. I'm about to give in and just let the beard grow out!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic