Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHELP BAD COLOR JOB!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP BAD COLOR JOB!!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:59am
Please Help,I had my hair colored on June 4, and I have been having my hair colored for 3 years. This time my beautician used something new and lighter, I am a blonde. Well, anyway, it is falling out badly. I have very fine hair as it is, so this is really scaring me. She blew me off and told me to come back if I noticed any bald spots. Is there anything that can stop this? I am conditioning the heck out of it but it is still coming out. She said there was more peroxide in this than the other. Please help!!!!!
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:59am
> Please Help,> I had my hair colored on June 4, and I have been> having my hair colored for 3 years. This time my> beautician used something new and lighter, I am a> blonde. Well, anyway, it is falling out badly. I have> very fine hair as it is, so this is really scaring me.> She blew me off and told me to come back if I noticed> any bald spots. Is there anything that can stop this?> I am conditioning the heck out of it but it is still> coming out. She said there was more peroxide in this> than the other. Please help!!!!!Hi Lisa, I'm guessing that this hair loss is from breakage.Your stylist should be doing all she can to get your hair back in condition but since she isn't I'd recommend you get yourself a good protein conditioner.Avoid heat (blowdryer,curling irons,etc.) and use a wide tooth comb to comb out your hair.Good luck!
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 4:59am
> Please Help,> I had my hair colored on June 4, and I have been> having my hair colored for 3 years. This time my> beautician used something new and lighter, I am a> blonde. Well, anyway, it is falling out badly. I have> very fine hair as it is, so this is really scaring me.> She blew me off and told me to come back if I noticed> any bald spots. Is there anything that can stop this?> I am conditioning the heck out of it but it is still> coming out. She said there was more peroxide in this> than the other. Please help!!!!!To Lisa;I am very sorry that you have run into a 'non-caring stylist'!!!! However the sad truth is that fine hair has to be handled very differently than 'normal' hair in regards to any chemical treatment such as coloring or perming for satisfactory results. If what you are experiencing is 'breakage' (examine the hair that is falling out to see if the 'root' is attached) or if it is just breaking off, then you might try a couple of things:1)shampoo the hair with Redken 'Amino Pon' shampoo,rinse and repeat, do not rinse lather out after the second application,but squeeze out the excess lather,2) apply condensed milk to the hair throughly with a spray bottle and work in,3)mix 1 tablespoon of each: Redken PPT, glycerine and wheat germ oil (or more in same ratio if you have long or need more to cover' and apply with a spray bottle throughly gently work into/through the hair with a very coarse tooth comb or your fingers, cover the hair with a plastic trash bag and wait one hour, check every 15 minutes and if the hair is drying out spray with straight PPT and work in to keep hair moist. After 1 hour rinse with very cool water and use Redken Extreme conditioner for 5 minutes again cool water rinse. Do this every other day for a week and you will be able to see a big difference usually after the second treatment. Remember handle the hair very carefully!, and don't even think about using a brush on your hair until it gets better, only a very wide tooth comb. If this does not help email me direct and we will try 'plan B'. Please post and let me know how this works for you. It has worked well for many years for my clients. The Redken products are availible at any salon that sells Redken and the rest at health food stores. If you have a hard time finding the glycerine, try your local druggist.william
HAIR ART View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIR ART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:02am
> Please Help,> I had my hair colored on June 4, and I have been> having my hair colored for 3 years. This time my> beautician used something new and lighter, I am a> blonde. Well, anyway, it is falling out badly. I have> very fine hair as it is, so this is really scaring me.> She blew me off and told me to come back if I noticed> any bald spots. Is there anything that can stop this?> I am conditioning the heck out of it but it is still> coming out. She said there was more peroxide in this> than the other. Please help!!!!!TRY THIS-FIRST GET SOME NIOXIN-THEY MAKE TRIAL KITS USE THATALSO DONT WASH IT BUT EVERY OTHER DAY ,,,'THAT MAY HELPGOOD LUCK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic