Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhair dye remover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jeanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair dye remover
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:08am
what are some brands of hair dye removers available at beauty supply stores or over the counter?i need something to strip away many layers and months worth of color, for immediate re-application of color (brown) following...thanks!
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:11am
there is a brand Revlon make-- it comes in a white box with 3 women on the front (blonde, brunette). This will work, but watch out--this stuff is dangerous!! You must keep a really super close eye on how it's lifting the color from your hair. Applying with great caution, and adjust the amount you apply to the amount of color on your hair, if some parts are darker than others. Quite often the hari color remover will lift the color very unevenly. Also, depending on what color you're trying to remove, the color-removal process will go through some scary stages! For example, I have lifted dark brown out of my hair and at one point my hair was clown orange!Have your new color already purchased (you probably wont want to go out with orange hair!) . Use an intensive repair/moisturizer before you re-color. Wait overnite or 24 hours before re-coloring, if possible.My real recommendation, however, is that you go to a salon and have someone fix it for you. I know it costs more, but speaking as a hair color and hair color remover veteran--it is *worth* the cost of the salon visit! You will get much much better, more even results. good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic