Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStraight Hair/Curly Hair....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight Hair/Curly Hair....
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:09am
I have been fighting my hair for so long trying to get it straight. I've tried every product there is. I guess living in Oklahoma doesn't help much with the humidity. I've decided to quit fighting against nature and go with my long loose curls. Is there any product out there I can use to make my curls/waves more defined and not so frizzy?Thanks!
samantha mcdermitt View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samantha mcdermitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:10am
hi, this is sam.you need to get some temporary hair straighteners. Products by conair:HOT AIR CURLING IRON AND BRUSH(1 1/2 INCH. BARREL),FLAT IRON,AND CURLING IRON(1 1/2 INCH. BARREL). The only hiar products i use are hair oils to make my hair shiny and moose not gel. I take my showers at night and when i get out i put my hair in a bun so in the morning all my hair is fairly straight and all dry besides what was in the bun. then i take my HOT AIR CURLING IRON AND BRUSH and straighten the damp hair. with my bangs i use the flat iron and sometimes the root of the bangs is to tight of a curl to get out so i use a 1/2 inch curling iron to make it straight. so if you read this and try it out write and tell me.my name is sam and im 15 i have curly red hair but i dye it once a month so its kind of damaged but my hair looks pretty good. remeber to use name brand shampoos and conditioners and never two in one.
Kathleen View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:10am
Hey Sara, welcome to curlydom. I too decided that fighting my naturally curly tendencies while living in Alabama is useless, time consuming and damaging to my hair. I recommend you go directly to www.naturallycurly.com "CurlTalk", a site like this only designed especially for naturally curly hair. They have a hairtyping system there (it is explained within the postings) so you know what type of hair they are talking about. They have helped me so much and now I feel liberated with my newfound curls! Everyone gives their feedback on different products for encouraging curl and fighting frizz. There is even a swap board for curly products.Right now I use PM Sculpting Foam along with a little Biolage Gelee, then blowdry my hair with a bowl diffuser and have really good results. My husband is crazy about my new look too.
Roberto Guluppi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Guluppi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:10am
> I have been fighting my hair for so long trying to get> it straight. I've tried every product there is. I> guess living in Oklahoma doesn't help much with the> humidity. I've decided to quit fighting against nature> and go with my long loose curls. Is there any product> out there I can use to make my curls/waves more> defined and not so frizzy?> Thanks!I own a hair salon in Toronto. I have styled many famous peoples' hair before, and the product that I found worked best on the hair type you have is "Ronaldo's frizz easing gel." It works wonders with curly hair! With this product, you can easily blow dry it straight, or let it air dry for smooth ringlets. A household medium that could help is maples syrup. Make sure you don't rinse after applying. (This is very important to remember!) It will keep your hair straight and moisturized all day long!Your Welcome!P.S. Another great tip!: Mix 2 tablespoons each of butter, sugar, and egg whites in a bowl until smooth.(double ingredient amounts if needed for thick or long hair) Apply generously to hair and cover with shower cap before bed.
Sara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:10am
Thank you all for your input and advice. I REALLY appreciate it!!Sara
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic