Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked"darkening" very blonde hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "darkening" very blonde hair...
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:09am
Can anyone suggest the best way to tone down my very blonde hair? Currently, it's a level 10(very light golden blonde; natural color is medium dark blonde) after returning from vacation where it bleached out a bit, and I would like to bring it down a shade or two. The problem is that it's pretty porous and a bit dry. I mainly just want to get the whiteness out of the color and give it some depth. I have allover color, so highlights/lowlights are not an option at this time, and I don't know how to describe what I want done to my stylist. Is this something that is possible without wrecking my hair?Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!Kara
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:10am
> Can anyone suggest the best way to tone down my very> blonde hair? Currently, it's a level 10(very light> golden blonde; natural color is medium dark blonde)> after returning from vacation where it bleached out a> bit, and I would like to bring it down a shade or two.> The problem is that it's pretty porous and a bit dry.> I mainly just want to get the whiteness out of the> color and give it some depth. I have allover color, so> highlights/lowlights are not an option at this time,> and I don't know how to describe what I want done to> my stylist. Is this something that is possible without> wrecking my hair?> Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!> KaraTo Kara;This is a perfect example of where a 'deposit only' color such as Redken Shades EQ really shines! Contact a salon that uses 'shades' and I'm quite sure they can fix your problem easily. Be sure to use a color a couple of shades lighter than you want to go , since your hair is already 'porus' from previous coloring and sun exposure to keep the color from 'grabbing' too dark. william
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic