Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair coloring over a period of time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Valerie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Valerie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair coloring over a period of time
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:12am
Hi,I have a question. I am only 18 years old, and I have dyed/or highlighted my hair a toltal of maybe 10 times. Some of it was dyed over dye, and others were after i let my hair grow out and started fresh. My question is...if i stop now is there gonna be any long term effect? I am worried that i may lose it at a young age, and get premature thinning or baldness. Is this true? Can this Happen? Am i destined for a wig in the future? Any advice would be appreciated. Emails are welcome.Thanks
Suzanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:12am
> Hi,> I have a question. I am only 18 years old, and I have> dyed/or highlighted my hair a toltal of maybe 10> times. Some of it was dyed over dye, and others were> after i let my hair grow out and started fresh. My> question is...if i stop now is there gonna be any long> term effect? I am worried that i may lose it at a> young age, and get premature thinning or baldness. Is> this true? Can this Happen? Am i destined for a wig in> the future? Any advice would be appreciated. Emails> are welcome.> ThanksAs one who has done haircolor a number of times, I am sure that there are no long term effects to coloring your hair because it grows back in its natural state. Some people color their hair most of their lives--I have friends who have been blonde for 25 years by haircolor, and as long as you keep it in condition it'll be fine. Always do the allergy test, though. Although I've never had a reaction, I don't know for sure that an allergy to the haircolor couldn't cause hair to fall out. Also, as I mentioned before, conditioning is vital to your hair's health, because damaged hair will break off, and leave you with thinner hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic