Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedviviscal- warning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jennifer Beck View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: viviscal- warning
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:13am
I have researched this product via the net and a local library. All I find are good comments about the product (from the ones selling it). What are the negative side effects? I would like to hear from only the readers that have tested this product. Yes, I have read Regina's and H. Taylor's articles, but forgive me, I am still skeptical. There is a downside to everything. Please, just be honest and state the facts that you know. I e-mailed The Long Hair Site and Frank replied saying that some of his readers said that the product gave them chest pains and he also stated that the product is produced from fish derivates, and is supposed to influence the cell replication. Cancer cell replication was mentioned as well. Any information would be beneficial. Thanks.
nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:13am
Chest pains? ~:oO I just went to see my doctor Monday complaining of, guess what, chest pains and shortness of breath! So, this news is somewhat alarming to me! My doctor listened to my lungs (they sounded fine to her), asked about other symptoms (just burning watery eyes and a dry cough), and said that I probably have allergies. I've been taking viviscal for about 2 1/2 months.Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:13am
What you've described is very alarming because no one has supplied us with this information beforehand. I am angry that I have not seen other posts from readers that are taking the product about similar side effects. I have already ordered a pack and it should be here this week. Now what should I do? Take the pills and hope that it doesn't damage my body or do I just eat the $80 dollars because you can't get a refund until after 6 months? Let me ask you this, Nikki, has your hair grown any? And also, did you inform your doctor what you've been taking? If so, what did he/she say? Thanks for the reply!Jen =)> Chest pains? ~:oO I just went to see my doctor Monday> complaining of, guess what, chest pains and shortness> of breath! So, this news is somewhat alarming to me!> My doctor listened to my lungs (they sounded fine to> her), asked about other symptoms (just burning watery> eyes and a dry cough), and said that I probably have> allergies. I've been taking viviscal for about 2 1/2> months.> Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:13am
> Let me ask you this,> Nikki, has your hair grown any?Yes, my hair has grown about twice as fast as it normally does.> And also, did you> inform your doctor what you've been taking?No, but I'm going to call her!
Kathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
> Yes, my hair has grown about twice as fast as it> normally does.> No, but I'm going to call her!
Kathy
Kathy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
> Yes, my hair has grown about twice as fast as it> normally does.> No, but I'm going to call her!>This product made my hair more manageable, but also gave mevery bad headaches, so I had to stop using it.
Kathy
Kathy View Drop Down

This product made my hair beautiful, and more manageable, but, gave me very bad headaches. When I stopped using the product the headaches stopped.
Kathy
nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
Jeff, can you comment on whether or not others have experienced similar symptoms while taking Viviscal (chest pains, shortness of breath)? I would hate to stop taking Viviscal, only to find out that there's something else causing my symptoms. Please help!I was looking at a strand of my hair today...not only has my hair grown twice as fast, my new growth is very noticeably thicker than the rest of my hair. This product works, but it is not worth it if it is making me sick.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Beck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
Nikki,Being that he works for a company that sells this product, i don't know if you are going to get a straight answer from him (just my opinion). Have you talked to your doctor? If so, what did she have to say? FYI- - I have tried to contact others about this product, but no one will answer me. A few days ago I e-mailed "Ask Karen", The International Long Hair Site, NaturallyCurly.com, and a professor that researches cancer risks, but I haven't received a response.> Jeff, can you comment on whether or not others have> experienced similar symptoms while taking Viviscal> (chest pains, shortness of breath)? I would hate to> stop taking Viviscal, only to find out that there's> something else causing my symptoms. Please help!> I was looking at a strand of my hair today...not only> has my hair grown twice as fast, my new growth is very> noticeably thicker than the rest of my hair. This> product works, but it is not worth it if it is making> me sick.
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
I personally don't have any negative side effects and I'm on my 4th pack. Perhaps the people who are experiencing these symptoms are allergic to shellfish or regular fish and decided to ignore the warnings. My hair has continued to grow and is presently 3 inches away from being bra strap length. It really sounds like the symptoms are due to an allergic reaction. I should know because I have severe allergies to pollen and grasses and I am frequently short of breath and experience chest pains due to my allergies (I have had allergies since i was born so i know that my symptoms are not due to Viviscal).
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
Jennifer, since you already read my article I'm not going to reiterate anything. I went through maybe 1 1/2 cycles of Viviscal and although I saw great results, the cost started to become a bit too daunting. Then I lost the pills I had left, and I just pretty much gave up. :) I never experienced any bad side effects, but I have to wonder if maybe some of those would occur after people were on the medication for a longer time? Anyway, now I pretty much figure that my hair can grow at its own natural rate, whatever that may be (much faster now that it's summer, at least!).
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
It really sounds> like the symptoms are due to an allergic reaction. I> should know because I have severe allergies to pollen> and grasses and I am frequently short of breath and> experience chest pains due to my allergies (I have had> allergies since i was born so i know that my symptoms> are not due to Viviscal).Regina, you could be right. I am deathly allergic to legumes, and if I ingest any oil (or inhale anywhere near them!) then I have the same symptoms. BUT PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTORS ALL THE SAME!!! A lot of people are no longer tested for allergies, unfortunately, so perhaps some posters are allergic to the shellfish or another ingredient? Anyway, if anyone is uncomfortable about this, definitely don't take the pill, no matter what results others have experienced. There are a lot of other options out there!!!
Sherry L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
Hi guys!WOW! This is the first that i have heard of this too! I have been on Viviscal for just about six months now(although per the cost, I have no intentions of re-ordering once this last box is done). For the last three months, I have been taking Viviscal along with Formula 37 and have NEVER expereinced any side effects, unless you consider stronger nails one :) Also, FYI, I must say that my hair never grew more than 3/4 of an inch per month. Well, as for me, I am going to take my hances by increasing my dossage of Form 37 from 2-3 a day to 5-6 a day and see if that works. Again, in my six months on Viviscal, I have NEVER expereinced any side effects and would like to see a scientifically supported study on this before I jumped the gun :)Sherry> What you've described is very alarming because no one> has supplied us with this information beforehand. I am> angry that I have not seen other posts from readers> that are taking the product about similar side> effects. I have already ordered a pack and it should> be here this week. Now what should I do? Take the> pills and hope that it doesn't damage my body or do I> just eat the $80 dollars because you can't get a> refund until after 6 months? Let me ask you this,> Nikki, has your hair grown any? And also, did you> inform your doctor what you've been taking? If so,> what did he/she say? Thanks for the reply!> Jen =)
nikki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
Perhaps the people who are> experiencing these symptoms are allergic to shellfish> or regular fish and decided to ignore the warningsAs far as I know, I am not allergic to fish or shellfish. I read all the warnings (basically none other than don't take if you're allergic to fish, shellfish, or acerola), I researched the product, asked professionals about it, etc. I did my homework!As for my symptoms, Monday my doctor gave me medication for allergies, and so far my symptoms have diminished. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll keep you all updated. ~:o)
Jeff Mach View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
Hello, everyone. I'm back; I've been at the National Nutritional Foods Association conference.When we say that Viviscal has "no harmful side effects", we are basing that both on experience--Viviscal has been on the market for almost a decade in Europe, and many of its clients have been using it steadily for that time--and on extensive testing. Viviscal is one of the few natural products that has undergone testing and examination as if it were a drug. That includes FDA-overseen Good Manufacturing Practice certification, and the full battery of drug safety tests (which are -not- required for a nutritional supplement). Further, each and every Viviscal batch is tested for quality-control adherence. We have some of the highest standards in the industry.As you know, as is true of any product, it's possible to be allergic to some of the ingredients. We specificallymention that Viviscal contains fish, because fish is a more common allergy than silica or acerola; but it's possible to be allergic to any of those things. These allergies are uncommon, but they do exist. If you are experiencing anything that you think may be the symptoms of an allergic reaction, it's a good idea to see your doctor. -Please feel free to have your doctor call or get in touch with us.- We would be glad to answer any questions she or he might have.Jeff MachThe Aurora Group
Starla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:16am
> Chest pains? ~:oO I just went to see my doctor Monday> complaining of, guess what, chest pains and shortness> of breath! So, this news is somewhat alarming to me!> My doctor listened to my lungs (they sounded fine to> her), asked about other symptoms (just burning watery> eyes and a dry cough), and said that I probably have> allergies. I've been taking viviscal for about 2 1/2> months.> Has anyone else experienced anything similar?> Hi I have been taking viviscal for about 3 months. I have not had any chest pains or "awfull" side-affects. In fact my hair has grown (not quite 4.5 inches as it promises). I take viviscal not because I am going bald or experiencing thinning of hair. I take it because I have a strong desire for my hair to be long, long, long.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:16am
Starla,I am happy that viviscal is working for you and that you haven't experienced any negative side effects. I am currently using the product (for the last week) and I hope that I obtain great results with no side effects. I too am dreaming for long, long hair. How many inches has your hair actually grown and where was it when you started? Shoulder length, chin length, etc. Also, what is your hair type? Thanks for any information. =)
Starla View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:18am
Jennifer,Well I just finished my third month supply. I started using viviscal when my hair was an inch above my shoulder. Now its about 4 inches longer. My hair is medium brown and slightly wavy and thick. Its gotten so rich since have been using viviscal and really pretty. Viviscal is also really great for your skin and nails, for that it has a special silica compound. I still have 3 more boxes of viviscal on my shelf and when I'm finally done it should be down to my boobs!Ha!Tip> To make sure viviscal really benefits your hair you should drink plenty of water (its so good for your hair), take deep breaths (since viviscal is caried in your blood it is important to oxygenate your head), take a multivitamin (for extra benefits), eat healthy (why not), and allways remember to take your viviscal tablet morning and night (I have forgotten once before). That should do it.You might also want to use a vitamin enriched shampoo and conditioner (not just something that smells good or is in a pretty bottle). Nioxin is a shampoo thats expensive but so good. Thank you !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic