Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSomeone please help!*!*!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mandy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someone please help!*!*!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
HEY I AM 13 AND THIS YEAR I AM GOING TO BE A FRESHMAN SO MY MOM AGREED TO LET ME GET SOMETHING DONE TO MY HAIR.Well I decided that I wanted blonde highlights becuase my hair is kind of a strawberry brown color and I wanted it a little lighter. However I have never had any chemicals on my hair before, other than perm soulution. Do you think it will damage my hair? Any suggestions as far as extra strenth condtioners or anything? Also my mom warns me that is can be painful. Is she exagerating? If you are a hair dresser, or a student in beauty college, or as long as you know what you are talking about please e-mail me at Angelcik26@aol.com with your suggestions. Thanxs alot
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:14am
> HEY I AM 13 AND THIS YEAR I AM GOING TO BE A FRESHMAN> SO MY MOM AGREED TO LET ME GET SOMETHING DONE TO MY> HAIR.Well I decided that I wanted blonde highlights> becuase my hair is kind of a strawberry brown color> and I wanted it a little lighter. However I have never> had any chemicals on my hair before, other than perm> soulution. Do you think it will damage my hair? Any> suggestions as far as extra strenth condtioners or> anything? Also my mom warns me that is can be painful.> Is she exagerating? If you are a hair dresser, or a> student in beauty college, or as long as you know what> you are talking about please e-mail me at> Angelcik26@aol.com with your suggestions. Thanxs alotMy hairdresser puts a swimmers-like cap on hair and pulls through sections of hair to highlight. It pulls a little but nothing to scream about. She leaves the color on for 15-20 min. and then washes it out and ...presto highlights. You will need to use a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep your hair healthy. Use a leave-in conditioner when you comb out your hair, also. If at all possible, stay away from blow-dryers, they can damage hair over time. I color my hair and my hair is in wonderful condition. I use multi-vitamins, complex amino-acid tablets and biotin tablets every day to keep my hair healthy. Try to find products without "Sodium Lauryl Sulfate". This is used as an engine degreaser and a cheap way to make lather in shampoos. "Sodium Laureth Sulfate" is a mild detergent and is safe to use. Go with a product at a health food store. Most of the products are cruelty-free and better for hair.Related Link:SLS vs. SLES
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic