Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedolive oil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ej View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: olive oil
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:15am
My hair...I'm not sure how it is.The combs doesn't seem to run through the hair smoothly.After I put olive oil everything seems to be much better.But I heard that jojoba oil is better.Is it?
KAREN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KAREN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:15am
It depends on several factors whether jojoba oil is better or not for your hair. If you are using the olive oil with great results, then why switch?I actually find that the olive oil and jojoba do different things for my hair and so I alternate.I should mention that I used to believe that applying olive oil to dry hair was the best. Recently a hair stylist told me to try applying the olive oil to my SLIGHTLY damp hair because he explained that the oil would penetrate more deeply. He was right. I was skeptical but he proved to have the right idea.So another option is to try using the olive or jojoba on either slightly damp or dry hair and then compare the results.One thing that I have learned over the years is that the only way to understand what works best for your individual hair type is to try different things.I actually will use the jojoba oil (just a few drops rubbed into the palm of my hands) on my dry hair at the ends. I will put a little of the oil through the ends and it keeps them soft and supple and shiny but not oily.I would never be able to do that with olive oil because I find it too oily and messy and it tends to weigh my hair down.Olive oil is great for a deep conditioning treatment but jojoba for me is great for hair emergencies when my ends are dry or a little frizzy. The jojoba smoothes everything out beautifully.I personally prefer the Aveda Beautifying Oil which is a high concentration of jojoba with other goodies. It is expensive (about $18 for a bottle) but it lasts me for months and months since you only use a few drops.Hope that helps.Best wishes,Karen> My hair...I'm not sure how it is.The combs doesn't> seem to run through the hair smoothly.After I put> olive oil everything seems to be much better.But I> heard that jojoba oil is better.Is it?
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic