Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone Ever Tried Louise Marie Longhairs Products?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone Ever Tried Louise Marie Longhairs Products?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LisaD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Ever Tried Louise Marie Longhairs Products?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:19am
I was just wondering if anyone who has tried them could give me some information. What results did you have, positive and negative? Do they have a nice scent? Were they worth the money? Any other information you could give me would be appreciated.Thank you!Lisa :-)
Lisa
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:19am
I've been using them for a few months and am happy with them. I have waist length, fine, medium thick hair and it always looks clean and fluffy instead of flat and dull (what it used to look like). They smell good and range from minty to citrus scents. For the money, it's probably a yrs worth of products, maybe more. My supply isn't even close to dwindling, except that I needed to reorder the detangler spray which runs out very quickly when used every time I comb out my hair. The products took almost a month to create good results. At first it didn't seem to be cleaning my hair and I had terrible static, but it all went away. She provides good customer service if you have any problems, but she takes a while to reply to your requests. The stuff isn't as magical as the web site purports; it's not going to perform miracles, but from my experiences, it's good.> I was just wondering if anyone who has tried them> could give me some information. What results did you> have, positive and negative? Do they have a nice> scent? Were they worth the money? Any other> information you could give me would be appreciated.> Thank you!> Lisa :-)
Andrea
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:19am
Hi Lisa,I used LML products for a while, and I didn't like them. At first I did. They were definitely better than store brands (non-salon brands). But then they began to dry up my hair and cause abnormal hairloss. If you are willing to take this risk, I guess you can try them out, but I learned the hard way.I now use products that are much better (Aubrey Organics, Aveda, etc.). I personally would not suggest LML, but there are people out there who swear by her products. I would say, why go through the hassle when you have much better quality haircare lines right under you fingertips?The other thing is, that LML does not provide a list of ingredients...kinda makes you wonder, hm? Hope this helps,PD> I was just wondering if anyone who has tried them> could give me some information. What results did you> have, positive and negative? Do they have a nice> scent? Were they worth the money? Any other> information you could give me would be appreciated.> Thank you!> Lisa :-)
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
How long were you using them until the negative response set in? So far I haven't noticed anything unusual (I switched to LML after using Aveda which made my hair very limp and dull).-Andrea> Hi Lisa,> I used LML products for a while, and I didn't like> them. At first I did. They were definitely better than> store brands (non-salon brands). But then they began> to dry up my hair and cause abnormal hairloss. If you> are willing to take this risk, I guess you can try> them out, but I learned the hard way.> I now use products that are much better (Aubrey> Organics, Aveda, etc.). I personally would not suggest> LML, but there are people out there who swear by her> products. I would say, why go through the hassle when> you have much better quality haircare lines right> under you fingertips?> The other thing is, that LML does not provide a list> of ingredients...kinda makes you wonder, hm? Hope this> helps,> PD
Andrea
Val View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Val Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
> I've been using them for a few months and am happy> with them. I have waist length, fine, medium thick> hair and it always looks clean and fluffy instead of> flat and dull (what it used to look like). They smell> good and range from minty to citrus scents. For the> money, it's probably a yrs worth of products, maybe> more. My supply isn't even close to dwindling, except> that I needed to reorder the detangler spray which> runs out very quickly when used every time I comb out> my hair. The products took almost a month to create> good results. At first it didn't seem to be cleaning> my hair and I had terrible static, but it all went> away. She provides good customer service if you have> any problems, but she takes a while to reply to your> requests. The stuff isn't as magical as the web site> purports; it's not going to perform miracles, but from> my experiences, it's good.
Val View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Val Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
ive been using louise marie longhair products for two years now and i won't touch another product as long as she continues her business.my hair is 35" from the crown, medium fine hair, and her products have made my hair strong and very healthy looking without the build up of most store bought shampoo's.her products (shampoo's) aren't as sweet smelling as store bought, but i attribute that to the high quality herbs she uses to promote good hair growth. her conditioners are nice smelling and do a wonderful job in detangeling and make your hair shine without the coating feeling or "slick" feel.if you like to e-mail me privately to ask anymore questions, i'd be happy to help.val
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:20am
Andrea,I used LML for about five months. It wasn't horrible like Pantene or other such brands. But I do find Aubrey Organics and Aveda much, much better. And like I said in the first post, the lack of an ingredients list made me kinda suspicious. Maybe if she had the list, it would ease my conscience.Did you notice how hair dries twice as fast as before, after showering with LML products? That's not natural. Hair is supposed to absorb moisture and dry slowly. I suspect that her conditioners coat the hair so the water never makes it into the hair shaft, so the hair doesn't absorb moisture and thus dries very quickly. After a couple of months, I noticed build-up, hairloss and dryness. That's when I quit using the products.About Aveda, many people are complaining about Aveda conditioners. Have you tried Aveda shampoos with conditioners from other brands?Hope this helps,PD> How long were you using them until the negative> response set in? So far I haven't noticed anything> unusual (I switched to LML after using Aveda which> made my hair very limp and dull).> -Andrea
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
Oh Dear!That's a product I WILL NEVER EVER GO NEAR AGAIN! I can't emphasize that enough. Not only are her products HIGHLY overrated and over-priced, but they are very drying and are not at all what she claims them to be, and that's is a miracle product, and better than ANY OTHER product made. This is simply not true. She DOES NOT list her product ingredients. In Canada, where she sells her products from, you do not have to list your ingredients.Well, I would think she would want to list them, since no chemist would know the exact way she mixes the ingredients, but she says she doesn't want other companies to know her "secret", but I think it's because these "products" have some ingredints she doesn't want known. That's just what I think. I thought some of the shampoos smelled likeBaby shampoo, or some familiar shampoo. My opinion is that she doesn't want people to know that their may be "inferior" ingredients.I don't want people here to think I have a grudge against her because of the terrible service I got, and that I wrote about some months back here on this page. However, I did get terrible service because I wouldn't buy everything she told me at first. She and her employees are notorious forbecoming very rude and arrogant if you don't do exactly what they say (they say they have a certain "prescription" that you are to follow, that it isn't because they want to sell you lots of products-then why don't they only sell to people who's hair they can actually examine, and be on the safe side? How can make an individual prescription when they can't even really tell what's going on with your hair, in an individual everybody is different). Please don't bother with these products. They just aren't worth it and if you would have seen the nasty letters I got when I only wrote politely that I was having dryness problems, you would turn and run away VERY FAST. The people I've shown the letters to have decided not to buy her products. I no longer have the letters, but I might know someone who still has them on file. Also, I'm not the only person who has written here before about the horrible service they got.Some of these people were harrassed by LML herself on their private e-mails. Is this someone who sounds like they have exempletory business practices?That's all I can say. Even if this person was on the up and up, and wasn't arrogant, I still would have to say not to buy these products. They are too drying and made my scalp itch and become sensitive for awhile. I hope you or anybody else takes this advice. Spend your money elsewhere, it just isn't worth it.Holly
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
I've been using them for almost five months, but I'll keep my eyes open for anything weird. I don't seem to be shedding anymore than usual and my hair still takes the average 6 hrs to dry. When I recieved the products I was also very suspicious that nothing was listed and that packing was quite homemade.I suspect the drying agent to be Witch Hazel (some of the products smell more of it than others) but who knows?I've never tried Aubrey Organics, but I thought Aveda was awful. I had waxy buildup even after using a clarifying shampoo for quite some time. It also dulled my hair color and made my hair look three times thinner and limp than it actually is. Maybe it was too mild for me. The best mild shampoo and conditioner I've ever used is probably Johnston and Johnston baby products. Perhaps I'll switch to something else for a bit and compare.-Andrea> Andrea,> I used LML for about five months. It wasn't horrible> like Pantene or other such brands. But I do find> Aubrey Organics and Aveda much, much better. And like> I said in the first post, the lack of an ingredients> list made me kinda suspicious. Maybe if she had the> list, it would ease my conscience.> Did you notice how hair dries twice as fast as before,> after showering with LML products? That's not natural.> Hair is supposed to absorb moisture and dry slowly. I> suspect that her conditioners coat the hair so the> water never makes it into the hair shaft, so the hair> doesn't absorb moisture and thus dries very quickly.> After a couple of months, I noticed build-up, hairloss> and dryness. That's when I quit using the products.> About Aveda, many people are complaining about Aveda> conditioners. Have you tried Aveda shampoos with> conditioners from other brands?> Hope this helps,> PD
Andrea
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
she says she doesn't want other> companies to know her "secret",I spoke with her on the phone last year and she said Aveda was not a good line(!). She said Aveda, et al, "had herbs listed, but they were inert (for aromatherapy only), and didn't 'do' anything". About her line, she said, "the herbs are NOT inert and they all work together", also meaning that in the U.S. she would have to market her line as a pharmaceutical instead of a cosmetic (?). I also found her shampoos to be drying. I don't even think she provides an ingredient listing upon request.
Johannah View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:27am
I have been using LM products for almost a year and I like them a lot. They last forever, and they aren't that expensive to begin with. They leave my hair soft and shiny. Every one is different. What works for one person might not work for another. I hated Aveda, but it's a miricle product for some people. I don't think that you can judge without trying it yourself. Good thing that she has sample sizes. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic