Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwaxy buildup- how do I get rid of it?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Susan W. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: waxy buildup- how do I get rid of it?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:21am
I have a pretty heavy waxy buildup on my hair and can't get rid of it. I have tried changing shampoo, using clarifying shampoo, also lemon juice and baking soda. Does anyone know what I could use to get the buildup out of my hair? Thanks.
Julie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Julie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:22am
> I have a pretty heavy waxy buildup on my hair and> can't get rid of it. I have tried changing shampoo,> using clarifying shampoo, also lemon juice and baking> soda. Does anyone know what I could use to get the> buildup out of my hair? Thanks.Try spraying an ammonia window cleaner on your hair for several minutes and then shampoo out.Sounds scary but it works.Let me know if this helps.
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:22am
> Try spraying an ammonia window cleaner on your hair> for several minutes and then shampoo out.Sounds scary> but it works.Let me know if this helps.It sounds like you use a lot of styling products. I talked with a hairstylist and she said that window cleaner would strip your hair of its nutrients and make it worse than having build-up in the first place. It will make hair porous and could damage hair. She suggested adding baking soda in your clarifying shampoo, then after shampooing, put in a good conditioner, then a good leave-in after you towel dry. Change shampoos every month is her best advice. Change your current shampoo after you use it. Also, if you use styling products, try to use them moderately that way the build-up won't be so bad. Depending on how often you shampoo can also come into play with the build-up. Try shampooing every other day. One day to shampoo and one day to let the natural oils return. Let me know how it works out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic