Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

About shampoo from Avon....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About shampoo from Avon....
    Posted: January 22 2001 at 10:18pm
I`ve used the Avon Techniques Tri-Nutrive Formula, shampoo and conditioner. It is fabulous! They have them for different types of hair, but I`ve only used the one`s for Permed/Color treated hair, and I think that I used the conditioner for fine limp hair. I love the ones for color treated and permed hair, but the one for the limp hair, I HATE! Don`t ask me why, I can`t remember it`s been so long since I tried that one. I just remember that it did not work for me.
Ok now they have this new Avon Advance Techniques shampoo and conditioners. I`ve only used the shampoo for color treated or permed hair, and it was fab! I`ve used the same conditioner and it was better than fab! My mother-in-law sells Avon, but I am in no way plugging it, I just happen to love these new products! She gave me a sample packet of the conditioner and I used it today. My hair looks majorly healthy and shiny. I tried one of their shampoo/conditioner combos. in pinepapple/banana, I think. It is awful, and it stinks! Smells like some kind of gross medicine that I had to take as a kid. Don`t waste your money. Well, that`s my opinion.
Meg
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 1:13am
Reply to message: 24.72.1
Hi Meg,

Can you only buy Avon Techniques products from Avon reps? Or do they sell them in stores too? I want to get my hands on some so I can test it and post the ingredients.

Thanks,
Karen

PS. Now if you want luscious aromas in hair care, the Philou Chocolate Mint is fabulous. Smells like chocolate in a bottle. I also love the Bubblegum.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2001 at 10:31am
Reply to message: 24.97.1
Good Morning Karen,
Ummmm, I`m not completely sure about it, I`ll ask my mother-in-law to make sure, but I would think that you can only buy it from a rep.
Honestly here, I would put it up against Paul Mitchell anytime(sorry Paul). I tried it, the newest one, Advance Techniques, and I tell you it was a wonderful experience. And the smell,yummy. I`m not familiar with good ingredients/bad ingredients yet, that`s one reason I`m so glad for this board. It`s good for newbies like me;) I`m learning more every day. But as far as conditioning goes, mine was soft but manageable, shiny not greasy, and just plain looked GREAT! I used something by Paul Mitchell the next day and didn`t get as good of results as I did from the Avon. But then again, I may be kind of overdoing it with the conditioning.... Now not everyone will agree with me I`m sure, but this product really works well for me. And I have frosted, damaged hair. It`s looking better, but it`s still been through heck.......Good luck......let me know if I can help you, I just told my mom-in-law to order me a bottle of both the shampoo and conditioner. I also have a bottle of the Avon Techniques Conditioner(not the ADVANCED Avon Techniques)on hand if you need the ingredients. I had the shampoo, which is great too, but I ran out. Let me know if I can help.........Meg
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 8:45pm
I bought the reconstructor shamp/cond for color treated hair and the one for limp hair. I also returned all 4 bottles. I loved the formula before they changed it, but the new ones made my scalp itch and burn.

You can by avon products on line at avon.com
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
meg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 8:55pm
Reply to message: 24.120.1
Oh girlfriend, I hate that for you! I just love the new ones. I loved the old ones too. I think they smell just yummy too. I wonder why they made your scalp itch and burn? Ya just never know about these things.....Good luck in the future......Meg
foxfan318 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxfan318 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2001 at 11:35pm
oh i love the smell too, but my head can`t handle it.

these days i like purehair and back to basics. they seem to work best for me.

thanks for your thoughts!
Hair type: fine but thick; natural blonde with 15% grey
liz_naz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liz_naz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2002 at 10:54pm
i think its well worth the money spendin on...Avon products.....

i love their deep conditioning treatment advanced techniques
---------------x
:Liz_Naz* (",)
Shaun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shaun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2002 at 2:07pm
Yes, I second that emotion - the deep conditioning treatment is out of this world. I`m not too familiar with their other hair care products though.
Shaun
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2002 at 3:28pm
I took a look at Avon`s site since Meg wanted to know more about ingredients. Strangly, Avon doesn`t post ingredients for every product....which is a shame because that list is the only thing that will tell you what to expect from a product. What I can tell you about the ingredients included on the site...

Advance Techniques Hydrating Shampoo For Dry Hair: contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is just too drying for damaged hair. This shampoo is similar to the pink Herbal Essence one. Unfortunately there is no way this shampoo can be "moisturizing" when it has that detergent included. Sodium laureth sulfate, on the other hand, is far milder and is a good cleanser.

The same goes for the Rich Mango Moisturizing Shampoo, Advance Techniques Restructuring Shampoo For Permed/Processed/Color-Treated Hair and Advance Techniques Replenishing Shampoo For Normal Hair. That last one is labeled for normal and not dry hair, and if this is the case with yours it shouldn`t post much of a problem. But when the other shampoos contain a harsh cleasner, that negates any moisturizing claims.

Advance Techniques Hydrating Conditioner For Dry Hair contains fairly good ingredients (no silicones for those of you terrified of the s-word.) However, silicones do make your hair shinier and are one of the few conditioning agents that can actually cling to your hair and withstand the water washing the rest away in the rinse cycle. For that reason I wouldn`t use this conditioner on my own hair, but I`m sure others will enjoy it.

Advance Techniques Restructuring Conditioner For Permed/Processed/Color-Treated Hair is a decent conditioner judging by the ingredients. It is similar to Physique`s Intense moisture and Vidal Sassoon`s deep treatment.

Advance Techniques Deep Conditioning Mask has a good ingredient list, but the additives are nothing special.

Advance Techniques Hydrating Smoothing Creme contains mineral oil as its second ingredient. That will definitely smooth your hair, but it is highly likely to grease it up as well. Those with extremely dry hair will benefit most from it.

That`s all I could get through today. I hope this helps a bit. With the exception of the shampoos with sodium lauryl sulfate targeted at dry hair, Avon`s line has a good selection of products at fabulous prices. Please let me know if you have questions about specific ingredients or products--I know a ridiculous amount of information about hair product chemistry and composition. What can I say, science nerd at heart :-)

Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic