Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**LOOK** HAIR INSURANCE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sara W. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **LOOK** HAIR INSURANCE
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:25am
Okay....so I'm shopping and I come across this stuff by AUSSIE called "Hair Insurance". It's a leave in conditioner that has Australian Tea Tree Oil in it. I just used it on my hair and it's WONDERFUL!! My hair has never felt so soft and full of body. I also have really long dry hair and it also works as a detangler. It's got a ton of vitamins in it. I'm not real big on AUSSIE products because of the smell, but this stuff smells good, and it's not overwhelming like their shampoos. It's worth the money if you like it!Sara
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:25am
> Okay....so I'm shopping and I come across this stuff> by AUSSIE called "Hair Insurance". It's a> leave in conditioner that has Australian Tea Tree Oil> in it. I just used it on my hair and it's WONDERFUL!!> My hair has never felt so soft and full of body. I> also have really long dry hair and it also works as a> detangler. It's got a ton of vitamins in it. I'm not> real big on AUSSIE products because of the smell, but> this stuff smells good, and it's not overwhelming like> their shampoos. It's worth the money if you like it!> SaraSara, I agree.I just started using it a week ago,and it is the first product to make a noticable difference in my hair.My hair is real dry too but looks much better with this stuff. Lisa
aj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:25am
>Sara and Lisa,Doesn't Aussie Hair Insurance have silicones in it? I saw it some time ago but didn't buy it for that reason, but I could be mistaking this product for another product.
Sara W. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sara W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:26am
Here are the ingredients for the AUSSIE "HAIR INSURANCE". I'm not sure if there is Silicone in it. If there is and it's under some other name please read and let me know. I don't want Silicone in my hair!Amodimethicone, Panthenol, Lactamidopropyl, Trimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Tea Tree Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacin, Simethicone, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl, Palmitate, Pyridoxine HCL, Folic Acid, Biotin, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Soyethyl Morpholinium Ethosulfate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-11, Potassium Chloride, Polysorbate 20, Fragrance, Benzophenone 4, Tridecth 12, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, and DMDM Hydantoin.Thanks!!
aj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:26am
>The first ingredient in the product is amodimethicone, a silicone derivative. Since it's listed first,there is more of this ingredient in the formula than any thing. Fairly high up in the ingredient list, too, is simethicone, another silicone derivative. A hint to help you would be that any ingredient ending in "cone" is a silicone derivative.Each person has to weigh the pros and cons of using silicone derivatives on their hair. Some people don't have a problem with it. I wouldn't believe people with long hair or who want long hair would want to risk the potential for build- up. Silicones make my hair look straight, too, which I don't like. I purposely look for products that do not have silicones in them. This is difficult as there aren't too many products out there without silicones.
Sherri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:32am
> Okay....so I'm shopping and I come across this stuff> by AUSSIE called "Hair Insurance". It's a> leave in conditioner that has Australian Tea Tree Oil> in it. I just used it on my hair and it's WONDERFUL!!> My hair has never felt so soft and full of body. I> also have really long dry hair and it also works as a> detangler. It's got a ton of vitamins in it. I'm not> real big on AUSSIE products because of the smell, but> this stuff smells good, and it's not overwhelming like> their shampoos. It's worth the money if you like it!> SaraSARA:I saw the "Hair Insurance" product at WalMart yesterday. I haven't purchased it yet, but since you had good results with it, I think I'll try it. Plus, I have a couple of Aussie coupons! Have you tried the Mango Smoothy (I think that's the name) shampoo? I did purchase the Aussie childrens' shampoo for my granddaughter. It's the cherry-vanilla scent. She is almost three and loves it. My preference is when a shampoo has a strong scent/smell to it but leaves my hair soft.Thanks, SHERRI
Sherri
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic