Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedConair steam hair straightener

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chrissie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Conair steam hair straightener
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:32am
Has anyone tried the new steam hair straightener from Conair? I am thinking of ordering it for my very thick dry hair, cos it looks as if it makes your hair silky and smooth very easily....
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:32am
> Has anyone tried the new steam hair straightener from> Conair? I am thinking of ordering it for my very thick> dry hair, cos it looks as if it makes your hair silky> and smooth very easily....I bought the Conair Steam Straightener a few days ago, but returned it the next day because it did absolutely nothing for my fine, thin hair. Perhaps you will have better results with your thick hair. (How I envy you!!!)Before purchasing it, ask about the store's return policy. Target Stores asked no questions after I told them that it did not work for me, and I promptly got a full refund. Just be sure to keep the receipt and open the package as carefully as possible.
Miss View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:32am
> I also bought one for my hair, and it turned it into one big POOF! The steam just frizzed my hair out. I also have thick dry Hair, and I would just recomend not to waste your time and money. It hasn't worked for anyone that I talked to. If i were you, i would stick to a large barral curling iron.
kerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:32am
i agree with miss its a waste of money.
kerry wilson
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:33am
Sorry to sound redundant, but I didn't like it either. It just made my hair limp and fuzzy. Plus it didn't make my hair that straight. But I agree that if you still want to try it be careful with the packaging so you can return it if you don't like it.
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:33am
I can't believe that I am having success with something that most people aren't. My hair is shoulder length, colored, and curly. I use the straightener on my bangs and occasionally all over. I have had NO problems with it, even though my hair tends to get dry and straw-y because of the color. I do not use the straightener every day, though, and hardly ever use it right after I have dried my hair. Maybe that's why I haven't had any problems.
Chrissie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:33am
> Thanks for all your helpful comments. that's why this website is so useful.I will give it a miss and continue with the Aubrey conditioners and the ARTec smoothing conditioner, both of which are having a great smoothing effect on my dry, thick bushy hair.Plus I have found that if I tie it back into a pony tail for half a day after I have washed it, it makes it go smooth and flat. Sounds simple, but I had never thought of it before. (After washing it is like a 1980s poof!)
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:33am
> I can't believe that I am having success with> something that most people aren't. My hair is shoulder> length, colored, and curly. I use the straightener on> my bangs and occasionally all over. I have had NO> problems with it, even though my hair tends to get dry> and straw-y because of the color. I do not use the> straightener every day, though, and hardly ever use it> right after I have dried my hair. Maybe that's why I> haven't had any problems.Is your hair fairly thick?
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:33am
> I will give it a miss and continue with the Aubrey> conditioners and the ARTec smoothing conditioner, both> of which are having a great smoothing effect on my> dry, thick bushy hair.> Plus I have found that if I tie it back into a pony> tail for half a day after I have washed it, it makes> it go smooth and flat. Sounds simple, but I had never> thought of it before. (After washing it is like a> 1980s poof!)I have typical African-American hair, but it is thin, fine and soft. I find that letting it dry in a smooth, firm ponytail eliminates the need for me to use a dryer and hot comb after each shampoo. I haven't used either for months, and my hair is left with more body and volume after it dries this way.While my hair is still wet, I rub a little ORGANIC Root Stimulator Carrot Oil Creme (nice stuff!!) into the scalp for about a couple of inches from the front hairline, back. Then, I pat a little Aubrey's Organic GPB all over my hair and brush it back into a very smooth ponytail, held by a terry-covered elastic ponytail holder, and I comb the ponytail and clip the ends up.If I want to wear it loose later, I just have to lightly straighten out the little "pouf" in the back, which is formed where the pony tail was tied. My hair is healthier and a little thicker as a result of the vacation from the dryer and hot comb, and frequent scalp massage.The Carrot Oil Creme can be found at Sally's. Most health food stores carry Aubrey's.
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:33am
> Is your hair fairly thick?I would say it is of medium thickness....not thin by any means
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:34am
> I would say it is of medium thickness....not thin by> any meansAhhh, lucky you. Although I am envious, I'm glad it works for you. Seemily, hair density is the key to success in using this item.
Patti View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:36am
> Has anyone tried the new steam hair straightener from> Conair? I am thinking of ordering it for my very thick> dry hair, cos it looks as if it makes your hair silky> and smooth very easily....The Conair steam straightener will just frizz dry hair. I have fine, dry highlighted hair and what works for me is a flat iron. I have a Belson Gold'N Hot flat iron that I run through my hair after blow drying. It makes my hair very soft and smooth. You can purchase the flat iron at any beauty supply store for about $20.00.
Georgia View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:44am
> Has anyone tried the new steam hair straightener from> Conair? I am thinking of ordering it for my very thick> dry hair, cos it looks as if it makes your hair silky> and smooth very easily....I just bought it a week ago ($19.95 @ Drug Emporium) & I absolutely love it! In fact, I'm telling all my friends about it. I have thick, very curly & coarse hair. I used it on totally dry hair & was amazed how straight & silky it made it. I was afraid the steam would frizz the hair but surprisingly it didn't. It's wonderfully to have silky hair for a change. Try it - if it doesn't work for you you can always return it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic