Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhair extensions- HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Allyson Hartly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allyson Hartly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair extensions- HELP!!!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:34am
Hi everyone-I want hair extensions to legthen my short hair but I don't even come close to having the money to get them. I remember hearing that one good way to get free hair cuts and styles (including extensions) is to volunteer as a "guinea pig" at a beauty school. Is this a good idea? Can it be done? Any help is appreciated.Thanks,Allyson
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:35am
professional salons also do the same thing--offer significantly reduced rates for services on their employee "training" nights. these are special sessions done to train new employees, and usually take place after regular salon hours. i think this is a little safer, because the people at the salon have already graduated from any school, plus they have seasoned, experienced stylists overseeing their work.call around to the salons in your area and see if anyone offers this. i did this once (in NYC) for a hair cut and was very happy with the results. plus it was done at a salon i could never have otherwise been able to afford.hope this helps.:)
Allyson Hartly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allyson Hartly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:35am
Thanks for the advice!*Allyson*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic