Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - different types of layering? (please reply ASAP)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeddifferent types of layering? (please reply ASAP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different types of layering? (please reply ASAP)
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:36am
I am getting a hair cut, tommorrow @9:30 am, so please reply soon. I want to get my hair layered, so it just kind of flows, like Gillian Anderson. The problem is, I don't know what to tell my stylist how to do this type of layering. If anyone, especially proffesionals on this board could tell me how to explain this to my stylist, I would be most grateful.
Heather
stacey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stacey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:36am
I picture would be the best way to show you stylist what you want. Most places have hair style books that you can look at also. Sometimes pictures speak louder than words. Hope that helps! :-)
s setterfield
bb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:36am
> I am getting a hair cut, tommorrow @9:30 am, so please> reply soon. I want to get my hair layered, so it just> kind of flows, like Gillian Anderson. The problem is,> I don't know what to tell my stylist how to do this> type of layering. If anyone, especially proffesionals> on this board could tell me how to explain this to my> stylist, I would be most grateful.Dear Heather,I have seen the type of layering you want done by a stylist on a girl with long all-one-length hair. He had her stand and lean forward and gathered all her hair into a ponytail in front of her face and then cut the ponytail straight off. When the girl threw her head back, her hair was all very neatly layered down the back.
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:36am
> I am getting a hair cut, tommorrow @9:30 am, so please> reply soon. I want to get my hair layered, so it just> kind of flows, like Gillian Anderson. The problem is,> I don't know what to tell my stylist how to do this> type of layering. If anyone, especially proffesionals> on this board could tell me how to explain this to my> stylist, I would be most grateful.To Heather;First of all don't even think of going to get your hair cut without a picture of what you want! 'Layered' means many different ways to many different stylists! There is no 'standard' way! As an example, there is 'square', 'round','graduated', 'slithering', 'razored' and many other 'ways' of layering the hair. The method of layering that bb described will essentially give even layers from front to back with the shortest hair at the bang area and the longest in the center lower nape area. The length of the bang area will determine where the first layers will begin at on the head. Note that not all hair textures do well with layers and that the style shouuld compliment your facial and body features for best results.william
Alexandra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:37am
Ah,well. This is too late to do you any good, but a lot of hair salons that I go to have books of celebrity hair dos to look at. Gillian would probably not be that hard to find.Hope the cut turned out well,Alexandra
Tammy Woodbeck View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Woodbeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:41am
> To William: What type of layers would you recommend to counteract a round face? I would like to keep my layers long, especially in the back. What do you advise? Thanks!!!Tammy
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:41am
> TammyTo Tammy;Please describe your facial shape/details, in detail, along with your general body size and charcteristics, your hair type, length, style it is in now, and what you would be willing to do, or not to do with it, and I will try to give you some options to look at.william
Tammy Woodbeck View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tammy Woodbeck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:41am
> To Tammy;> Please describe your facial shape/details, in detail,> along with your general body size and charcteristics,> your hair type, length, style it is in now, and what> you would be willing to do, or not to do with it, and> I will try to give you some options to look at.> williamTo William:I have a roundish face - no cheekbones that stand out, a small but fairly full mouth, nice size eyes, I am about 5'3, average weight (size 10, but large busted - so my proportions are a little off), My hair is shoulder length with long layers and a long bang off to the side with a little bit of short bang to partly cover the forehead. My hair is naturally wavy, but I usually try to straighten it to keep the width down at the sides of my face. I do get tired of fighting it though. I am willing to look at all options. Please let me know what you think. P.S. I would like to avoid a really high maintenance style, and no curling irons. Thanks again!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic