Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked? about Inositol and biotin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? about Inositol and biotin
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:38am
I have looked everywhere for these 2 vitimins and cant find them.Are they known by any other names? Also, are both of these good for increasing hair growth? I already take C, e and B complex witch have helped speed up my growth, but if these other 2 will increase the grwth more, all the better! One more question, would adding these 2 others to what I already take be over doing it? I want my hair to grow as fast as possible, but I dont want to do any damage to myself. Thanks in advance! Lisa
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:38am
> I have looked everywhere for these 2 vitimins and cant> find them.Are they known by any other names? Also, are> both of these good for increasing hair growth? I> already take C, e and B complex witch have helped> speed up my growth, but if these other 2 will increase> the grwth more, all the better! One more question,> would adding these 2 others to what I already take be> over doing it? I want my hair to grow as fast as> possible, but I dont want to do any damage to myself.> Thanks in advance! LisaI have found that the best and most reasonably-priced vitamins, supplements, oils, etc. are the NOW brand products, and the best place to purchase them is online at Discount Natural Foods. Their website is www.juicers.net/. These products are high quality and DNF's prices are the lowest I've seen anywhere. Delivery is usually quick.The Inositol is $4.61 for 100 caps (500 mg.) and the Biotin is $3.36 for 100 caps (1000 mcg.). They also carry an enormous line of other products such as Coconut oil, Shea Butter, Panthenol, etc.Go to the site and click on "NOW Vitamins" on the sidebar and find the items alphabetically, or look at the entire (and very long) price list. If your order is over $20.00, postage is free.NOTE: Whenever possible, get vitamins and supplements in capsules or softgels. Pills and tablets are made with binders and fillers and are compressed with such great pressure and heat that they are like rocks, and often they pass through your body only partially dissolved, if at all. Capsules are filled with powdered contents - softgels with oil or other liquid. They dissolve quickly and and are absorbed completely.
Debbi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:38am
> I have looked everywhere for these 2 vitimins and cant> find them.Are they known by any other names? Also, are> both of these good for increasing hair growth? I> already take C, e and B complex witch have helped> speed up my growth, but if these other 2 will increase> the grwth more, all the better! One more question,> would adding these 2 others to what I already take be> over doing it? I want my hair to grow as fast as> possible, but I dont want to do any damage to myself.> Thanks in advance! Lisa
Allyson Hartly View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allyson Hartly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:38am
I had to special order them through Wal-Mart. As far as I know, they are not sold on shelves.
LaVern View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaVern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:39am
Do these two products (Inositol and Biotin) grow your hair faster than the Hair Formula 37?
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:39am
> I have found that the best and most reasonably-priced> vitamins, supplements, oils, etc. are the NOW brand> products, and the best place to purchase them is> online at Discount Natural Foods. Their website is> www.juicers.net/. These products are high quality and> DNF's prices are the lowest I've seen anywhere.> Delivery is usually quick.> The Inositol is $4.61 for 100 caps (500 mg.) and the> Biotin is $3.36 for 100 caps (1000 mcg.). They also> carry an enormous line of other products such as> Coconut oil, Shea Butter, Panthenol, etc.> Go to the site and click on "NOW Vitamins"> on the sidebar and find the items alphabetically, or> look at the entire (and very long) price list. If your> order is over $20.00, postage is free.> NOTE: Whenever possible, get vitamins and supplements> in capsules or softgels. Pills and tablets are made> with binders and fillers and are compressed with such> great pressure and heat that they are like rocks, and> often they pass through your body only partially> dissolved, if at all. Capsules are filled with> powdered contents - softgels with oil or other liquid.> They dissolve quickly and and are absorbed completely.Hi Ethel, thank you SO much for the web site for Discount Natural Foods (juicers.net)! I have been all over the Internet comparing vitamin/supplement prices and selection and wasn't satisfied until I checked into them. I made a purchase right away. Their sales help was great and their selection & prices were second to none. Thanks again for the info!! Kelly F.
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:39am
> Hi Ethel, thank you SO much for the web site for> Discount Natural Foods (juicers.net)! I have been all> over the Internet comparing vitamin/supplement prices> and selection and wasn't satisfied until I checked> into them. I made a purchase right away. Their sales> help was great and their selection & prices were> second to none. Thanks again for the info!! Kelly F.Inositol is the same thing as Niacin which is available in multi-vitamins. Also I could'nt find Biotin anywhere else but Wal-Mart. That's where I buy mine.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:40am
>Inositol is the same thing as Niacin which is> available in multi-vitamins. Also I could'nt find> Biotin anywhere else but Wal-Mart. That's where I buy> mine.
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:40am
> Inositol is the same thing as Niacin which isNiacin and Inositol are both in the B-vitamin family.
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:41am
> Niacin and Inositol are both in the B-vitamin family.Yes, but Niacin (vitamin B-3) and Inositol are two different members of the B-vitamin family , which is a large group. Other members are B-1 (thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-5 (pantothenic acid, or panthenol), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-12 (cyanocobalamin), Biotin, Choline, Folic Acid, and PABA (ParaAminobenzoic Acid).They are all different and have very different roles in nutrition. A very good Vitamin B-Complex will have have most (if not all) of the above B-Vitamins in its formula.
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:41am
Ethel,Like these words!>Yes, but Niacin (vitamin B-3) and Inositol are two> different members of the B-vitamin family , which is a> large group. Other members are B-1 (thiamine), B-2> (riboflavin), B-5 (pantothenic acid, or panthenol),> B-6 (pyridoxine), B-12 (cyanocobalamin), Biotin,> Choline, Folic Acid, and PABA (ParaAminobenzoic Acid).> They are all different and have very different roles> in nutrition. A very good Vitamin B-Complex will have> have most (if not all) of the above B-Vitamins in its> formula.
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:42am
> Niacin and Inositol are both in the B-vitamin family.Dear Elisabella,Although I may have included more in my reply than you asked for, I honestly try always to be clear and lucid, and to offer additional information if I think the inquirer may be interested in it. I am ever eager to become as knowledgeable as possible on a subject in which I am interested or which concerns me, and I feel that most others are, too, as long as it is not confusing or contradictory. I always turn to good sources for my replies because I don't know it all, and I have a good, up-to-date-library at home. I also consult the web and the public library. I am a true book-lover. (;>)In this case, I felt that you might be interested in the B-Complex family since more than one or two of them are beneficial for the hair. That is why several of them are usually included in the hair formula supplements. Also, many of the B-vitamins work better together than singly. As a matter of fact, the book did suggest taking the B-Complex, and stated that, "B vitamins are important fot the health and growth of the hair."You did not say that I gave you too much information or that I confused you, but I would like to know if perhaps I did, anyway. If so, it was unintentional and I offer my honest apology.Sincerely,Ethel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic