Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Hair Style?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Hair Style?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:40am
Two years of growing out my hair and it just past bra strap length. Recently i have been unhappy with the way my hair looks. I am overdue for a trim and am seriously considering just lopping it off into a bob. I am not sure what the problem is but i suspect it is because my hair is too thick for a one-length style at this length. I don't like layers - what can i do???? any advice?
Erika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:41am
Well, that depends, what is it, exactly, that you don't like about it?
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:41am
If you're like many people, chopping off all your long-awaited hair growth will just make you wish you hadn't...how about reconsidering a longer, slightly layered look instead?Layers is a very broad term. If you go to a good stylist, he or she should be able to give you very subtle or more pronounced layers, depending on your preference, although I suspect it's the former and not the latter.Two very popular cuts: Gillian Anderson's and Rene Russo's, for example, are layered cuts. But the layers are almost micro, very subtle and expertly done. Layers can help to smooth out thick hair so it "lays" better and is easier to manage..Maybe you want to reconsider a layered option?Hope this helps :) silvie
bb View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:42am
> Two years of growing out my hair and it just past bra> strap length. Recently i have been unhappy with the> way my hair looks. I am overdue for a trim and am> seriously considering just lopping it off into a bob.> I am not sure what the problem is but i suspect it is> because my hair is too thick for a one-length style at> this length. I don't like layers - what can i do????> any advice?Yes, I have a suggestion. I saw this in a magazine article several years ago. It was about a girl with waist-length VERY thick straight hair and she wanted to go shorter. The styslist cut her hair off about 4 inches below the shoulders in a VERY THICK straight cut. He then sectioned off her hair in the back (about 2 inches above the nape)from ear to ear and then fastened the top section out of the way. He then took electric clippers and clipped off all the lock hair up to the sectioned off line. When he released the top section it fell perfectly, not too thick. She also had the option of wearing her hair up in a ponytail which showed off the shaved section. Pretty sexy!!bb
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic