Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT L'OREAL MEGA BLONDE HAIR DYES?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT L'OREAL MEGA BLONDE HAIR DYES?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RENI View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RENI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT L'OREAL MEGA BLONDE HAIR DYES?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE HAS USED THE L'OREAL MEGA BLONDE PROFESSIONAL HAIR DYES ON LIGHT BROWN HAIR AND HAS HAD GOOD RESULTS WITH IT. IT CLAIMS TO GIVE YOU THE MOST LIFT OF COLOR WITHOUT BLEACHING. (I BELIEVE THE MEGA BLONDE DEVELOPER IS 30 VOLUME.)I WANT TO GO LIGHTER, BUT WHENEVER I HAVE USED BLONDE COLORS, MY HAIR HAS ALWAYS TURNED RED INSTEAD OF BLONDE...I'M HOPING THAT THIS PRODUCT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE, BUT I'D REALLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT IT IF POSSIBLE BEFORE I TAKE THE PLUNGE. THANKS SO MUCH!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:46am
Hi,I have to start by telling you that color is not my expertise...William...is an expert on that.However, I will tell you that if you want to go really blonde, to avoid red tones, you will need to remove your existing color first through a 2 step process. To get your hair from brown to really blonde, I strongly recommend that you see a professional stylist who can remove the brown, add a blonde tone in the color you would like and avoid bringing out any reds in the process.Best wishes,Karen> I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HERE HAS USED THE L'OREAL> MEGA BLONDE PROFESSIONAL HAIR DYES ON LIGHT BROWN HAIR> AND HAS HAD GOOD RESULTS WITH IT. IT CLAIMS TO GIVE> YOU THE MOST LIFT OF COLOR WITHOUT BLEACHING. (I> BELIEVE THE MEGA BLONDE DEVELOPER IS 30 VOLUME.)> I WANT TO GO LIGHTER, BUT WHENEVER I HAVE USED BLONDE> COLORS, MY HAIR HAS ALWAYS TURNED RED INSTEAD OF> BLONDE...I'M HOPING THAT THIS PRODUCT WILL MAKE A> DIFFERENCE, BUT I'D REALLY APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS> ABOUT IT IF POSSIBLE BEFORE I TAKE THE PLUNGE. THANKS> SO MUCH!
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
sandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:49am
Hi Reni,My boyfriend, who has a beautiful light ash long hair, decided that he wanted to go for the really light blond look. We purchased the Lorea'l Mega Blonde (I believe it was the lightest ash blonde). Well, the stuff just made his virgin hair a bright orangy blonde. It was so awful he almost cried! I don't recommend this product and I am not particularly fond of any Lorea'l product (I find them to be quite harsh). I think that probably your best bet is a visit to the salon or maybe get some pointers at the Going Blonde web page at http://www.telepath.com/rcs/goblonde/. Good luck!
Reni View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:49am
Hi Sandra,Thanks so much for your post. I bought the same color your boyfriend did...Lightest Ash Blonde in the Mega Blonde line, and I just did a strand test yesterday. Not surprisingly, it didn't come out the way I had hoped--it had that orangey color you spoke of. I did visit that web site you mentioned yesterday just by chance while surfing around. So much seems to be involved to truly get a blonde color (the bleaching, toning, fillers, etc.) that I just don't think I can handle all of that myself at home. But, I don't have the money it would take to maintain being a blonde through a salon. I just wish I could use a blonde product and maybe add a "drabber" (not that I know how to use one of those) to block the orange color that comes through. Oh well, back to the drawing board! Thanks again, and if you have any suggestions on a good permanent color line (since L'oreal does seem harsh) please let me know!
Reni View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:49am
Hi,Thanks so much for your post. I can't really afford the upkeep it would cost me in trying to maintain the haircolor through a salon. Wish I could, but I really can't right now. I'd like to do something on my own, but everything I try does go more orangey--not enough lift happening. I did try a strand test with the L'oreal Mega Blonde in Lightest Ash Blonde (using the Ash thinking it would block the reds or oranges) but, it still looked reddish to me. I'm thinking of mixing the Ash with a Beige or Platinum Blonde Mega blonde color just to see if that would help to tone down the reds. Either that or I shave it all off and really save money!!!! :) (I'm running out of hair with all these strand tests I'm doing anyway)Also, did you see my post to you and/or William above about something called a "Bleaching Booster" that can be added to your regular color ingredients to encourage more lift? Have you heard of this? Anyway, thanks again!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic