Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRedken Shades EQ -question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Redken Shades EQ -question
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:53am
Will it damage my hair or dry out my hair?I already have dry, colored hair so I just wonder..
alfie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:53am
> Will it damage my hair or dry out my hair?> I already have dry, colored hair so I just wonder..Annie,I'm not a hairdresser but I did work as a receptionist at a hair salon while I was in university and therefore am familiar with alot of the products that Redken offers. I can reassure you that Shades EQ is one of the BEST hair colours you can use. The only downfall to Shades is that it isn't appropriate for covering grey. It WILL cover it but it won't last long because it is a water based hair colour and therefore will wash out, whereas colours with peroxide will not wash out. Being a waterbased colour it will not dry out the hair like other colours do. I hope this helps and that I have not confused matters. Let me know how it goes.Alfie
jj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:54am
> Annie,> I'm not a hairdresser but I did work as a receptionist> at a hair salon while I was in university and> therefore am familiar with alot of the products that> Redken offers. I can reassure you that Shades EQ is> one of the BEST hair colours you can use. The only> downfall to Shades is that it isn't appropriate for> covering grey. It WILL cover it but it won't last long> because it is a water based hair colour and therefore> will wash out, whereas colours with peroxide will not> wash out. Being a waterbased colour it will not dry> out the hair like other colours do. I hope this helps> and that I have not confused matters. Let me know how> it goes.> AlfieI haven't worked with Shades yet but our salon is making the change soon.From what I understand Shades is excellent for covering gray if the client is placed under the dryer for 2o min. and then 20. min cool down.Anybody else familiar with Shades??
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:55am
> I haven't worked with Shades yet but our salon is> making the change soon.From what I understand Shades> is excellent for covering gray if the client is placed> under the dryer for 2o min. and then 20. min cool> down.Anybody else familiar with Shades??To All WITH SHADES QUESTIONS!;REDKEN SHADES EQ is the best color there is for depositing color or toning back where a permanent color is not desired. It leaves the hair in beautiful condition and it will cover grey when properly formulated. The 20 mins under a drier and 20 mins cool down will inprove the depositing and retention on grey hair also a 5 minute wash with 20 vol peroxide before coloring and drying thoroughly before applying the color will 'open up the cuticle' of the hair shaft and help the color penetrate a little better on very resistant hair.william
Debi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:56am
I highlighted my hair for years and was at my wits end with the breakage and brittleness it caused, ready to shave it off and just start over. Redken Shades EQ was recommended to me by William and it literally saved my hair. After only 6 months of using the Shades and getting regular trims, my hair is once again healthy, shiny and growing. I highly recommend it! Good luck!
MiladyC
Annie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:56am
I have decided to give it a try!It seems like a great product!Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic