Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shades EQ: How long does it take to fade?! please help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShades EQ: How long does it take to fade?! please help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shades EQ: How long does it take to fade?! please help
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:15am
How long does it take a darker shades EQ color (espresso) to fade a bit?After a year of getting my medium/dark neutral brown hair highlighted to blonde, I wanted to go back to my natural color. My hair was too many different colors, because it had been lightened not from my natural base, but from a dark burgundy/red color. So I had light blonde streaks, dark blonde streaks, and some horrible orange brassy stuff...yuckSo, my stylist weaved in some medium brown with some gold in it ( mistake!) and darked my highlights to a dark blonde. It didn't work..I still had a major root line and didn't want to grow it out like that!!So I went back, and she first put a medium neutral Shades color on my hair. It looked ok, but didn't blend with the root line at all. So, she had to put on a darker shade..I think she used "Espresso" which is a dark ash brown...she put it on the top ( not the roots) and mid-lengths, but not the ends, cause she knew it would turn my porous ends black.Well, it does blend the roots, but its way too dark! How long will it take until it fades a bit? Should I wash with a cheaper/harsher shampoo to fade the color a bit? I like the tone, its just way too dark!!
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:15am
hi-Hopefully, this problem occured within the last 24 hours--that will make it easier to fade the color faster. If it's been 48 hrs or more, don't despair. You can still get it to fade, it just might take a little more work and/or time.Try a good clarifying shampoo (aveda makes a great one). leave it on your hair up to 5 minutes. You will want to do this repeatedly, to fade the color. You may need to shampoo twice a day for a while. Be sure to also use deep conditioning packs (to help replace the moistere you're stripping from your hair, with the heavy shampoo-ing). These can also help to fade color. NOTE: Avoid using any heat setting (blow dryer or curlers) until you have the color faded out. Heat tends to "set" color, so avoid it.:) silvie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic