Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**ASAP Hair Straightening**

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alicia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **ASAP Hair Straightening**
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:17am
Hello, I have VERY uncontrollable curly frizzy hair. I've always kept it up in a ponytale because it looks so bad. Believe me, my life was a living nightmare in high school because of my hair. Recently, I have thought of getting my hair straightened. I plan to go to the salon sometime next week. I've NEVER been to a salon before and NEVER gotten my hair done professionally. Does anybody have any advice on what I should expect out of getting my hair straightened? Also and hair care tip for after I get it done? Are you able to comb the hair after you've gotten it done? As you can see, I'm clueless in this subject. Any information will be GREATLY appreciated.
silvie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:17am
hii have never had my hair straightened, but i know it's a pretty heavy-duty process. hcemicals need to be applied to your hair to alter it's actual structure. the stuff may be kind of smelly, but it wont hurt your scalp.i think you'll have a great experience if you are very candid with the stylist at the salon: explain to him/her that you know very little about this process (before they get started) and ask what you can expect from the results.they should happily explain the basic procedure and results to you before they get started. Remember: don't let anyone intimidate you about anything--you are paying them for a service and they should not only be gracious and kind, they should be happy to explain anything they are about to do to your head!you should expect to do some regular deep-conditioning on your hair after the straightening. at least once a week. that's because the process is rather hard on your hair, so you'll need to be extra gentle when combing and brushing it (yes, you can do this after it's been straightened.) buy high quality slaon products (shampoo, conditioner, and deep-treatment paks like ARTec or Joico K-Pak).I hope everything goes well for you. good luck :) silvie
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic