Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedURGENT! MAJOR HAIR LOSS!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alicia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alicia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: URGENT! MAJOR HAIR LOSS!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:19am
I have a BIG problem. My hair is falling out like crazy and I have no idea why. Every time I shower, wash my hair, comb it, run my fingers through it, ANYTHING...it just falls out. I wake up with my hair all over my pillow. I'm REALLY worried that it will eventually ALL fall out. I have reason to worry because in June, I found a completely bald spot on my head. COMPLETELY bald. Scary.PLEASE tell me WHAT to do. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Silver View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:19am
> I have a BIG problem. My hair is falling out like> crazy and I have no idea why. Every time I shower,> wash my hair, comb it, run my fingers through it,> ANYTHING...it just falls out. I wake up with my hair> all over my pillow. I'm REALLY worried that it will> eventually ALL fall out. I have reason to worry> because in June, I found a completely bald spot on my> head. COMPLETELY bald. Scary.> PLEASE tell me WHAT to do. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!Dear Please....Have you done any major hair color, used any products, and /or moved to a house with well water?Please go to a demotologist...because the quicker you nip this, the quicker you can get your hair back...I am reaaly sorry that this is happening...have you had your thyroid check...I know this is scary...but hang in there...try not to panic (I know: easier said than done)...but try to trace back what happened back in june. Any heavy stress...School/work/mate...anything that may have triggered it in June? Thank God you have that piece of info.Any family memebers with the same thing? Have you given birth? I get the feeling it is a hormone thing.So...don't panic, go to the dermotologist...get some blood work done (Thyroid)...and take it from there...just try to think what the trigger IE: (Death in the family, relocation...new Anything?)...it is a great peice of info for you to explore...Good luck...it will be ok.
Ethel View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:19am
Dear Alicia,It sounds as if you have Alopecia Areata, a condition in which the hair falls out in round patches, usually due to bodily trauma (such as major surgery), the birth of a baby or very stict weight-loss dieting, among other things.The good news is that the hair usually comes back after the cause is corrected, and with time. As Silver said, please don't panic - it will only add to the trauma - and see your dermatologist ASAP. He or she will probably inject the areas with cortisone, which should cause your hair to come back quickly.We are all pulling hard for you, so try to keep your chin (and spirit) up, and please let us know what your dermatologist says and does.Take care and good luck,Ethel> Dear Please....> Have you done any major hair color, used any products,> and /or moved to a house with well water?> Please go to a demotologist...because the quicker you> nip this, the quicker you can get your hair back...I> am reaaly sorry that this is happening...have you had> your thyroid check...I know this is scary...but hang> in there...try not to panic (I know: easier said than> done)...but try to trace back what happened back in> june. Any heavy stress...School/work/mate...anything> that may have triggered it in June? Thank God you have> that piece of info.> Any family memebers with the same thing? Have you> given birth? I get the feeling it is a hormone thing.> So...don't panic, go to the dermotologist...get some> blood work done (Thyroid)...and take it from> there...just try to think what the trigger IE: (Death> in the family, relocation...new Anything?)...it is a> great peice of info for you to explore...> Good luck...it will be ok.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic