Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked:( Bad Hair color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: :( Bad Hair color
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:30am
Over the summer, my medium/dark brown hair has gotten much lighter, and with the help of lighteners, the sun, etc...it had turned a lighter brown with lots of red and blonde highlights. With the cold weather season coming, I decided to try to get my hair back to its natural color. I used L'oreal Castings in Cocoa, and I HATE the way the color turned out. Its just darker than I expected, and I miss my blonde and red highlights. Since this is only a semi-permanent color, is there any way to resurrect my old highlights, or am I stuck with this color?
Heather
stella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:31am
> Over the summer, my medium/dark brown hair has gotten> much lighter, and with the help of lighteners, the> sun, etc...it had turned a lighter brown with lots of> red and blonde highlights. With the cold weather> season coming, I decided to try to get my hair back to> its natural color. I used L'oreal Castings in Cocoa,> and I HATE the way the color turned out. Its just> darker than I expected, and I miss my blonde and red> highlights. Since this is only a semi-permanent color,> is there any way to resurrect my old highlights, or am> I stuck with this color?Bleach cap to remove color and use a filler next time before coloring. Never use semi-permanent over processed hair, at least with my luck it just doesn't work; use permanent and low volume peroxide (which some would say is semi-permanent) but maybe it just the use of professional products instead of over the counter stuff.OH yeah after you remove color you need to make sure that you put protein back int hair, so condtion it and be careful of bleach caps, they can play hell on the hair. good luck=)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic