Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - clairol radiance colorgloss - 3 important questions!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedclairol radiance colorgloss - 3 important questions!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: clairol radiance colorgloss - 3 important questions!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:35am
I purchased a clear Clairol Radiance Colorgloss because I understand that it will give a lot of shine and will actually protect my hair from split ends. I have a few questions, though.1. I've read the best thing to do is deep condition hair and then immediatley apply the gloss to seal in the moisture. Is this true? Should I deep-condition, rinse (with warm or cold water?), and then apply the gloss to my damp hair?2. Should I use heat or not? The directions give one method of application that uses heat, and another that doesn't. I have a heating cap, so its not a problem to use heat, I'm just wondering what the difference is.3. How often should I reapply? 6-8 weeks? Because its clear, I'm worried I won't be able to tell exactly when its all gone and time for the next one.Thank you in advance for the help!!! I want to do the gloss this week...
ML View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ML Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:36am
William, how does Clairol Radiance Colorgloss compare to Shades EQ, using clear in both, as to the effect on hair?
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:37am
> I purchased a clear Clairol Radiance Colorgloss> because I understand that it will give a lot of shine> and will actually protect my hair from split ends. I> have a few questions, though.> 1. I've read the best thing to do is deep condition> hair and then immediatley apply the gloss to seal in> the moisture. Is this true? Should I deep-condition,> rinse (with warm or cold water?), and then apply the> gloss to my damp hair?> 2. Should I use heat or not? The directions give one> method of application that uses heat, and another that> doesn't. I have a heating cap, so its not a problem to> use heat, I'm just wondering what the difference is.> 3. How often should I reapply? 6-8 weeks? Because its> clear, I'm worried I won't be able to tell exactly> when its all gone and time for the next one.> Thank you in advance for the help!!! I want to do the> gloss this week...
JM View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:37am
Ack! my message was deleted. Here goes from scratch...I use this product. It does contain a small amount of hydrogen peroxide so it will damage your hair. It does, though, contain ingredients that temporarily "seal" split ends. You use this product after you wash and towel-dry your hair. I rinse with warm water prior. I always use this after I use my semi-permenant color on my hair. It promotes shine and helps to seal in the color. You can use heat for 15 min. or none for 20 min. Using heat will result in a better "seal". You mix 2 oz. of the gloss with 2 oz. of its matching liquid prompter (separate product). I average using this every 6-8 weeks.
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
> William, how does Clairol Radiance Colorgloss compare> to Shades EQ, using clear in both, as to the effect on> hair?To ML;ML, sorry I can't truthfully answer your question about the Clairol product. I personally have not used it myself.If it is very similar in nature to the Shades or Matrix glosses, it should work about in the same manner. I normally apply these products to dry hair or almost dry hair unless I am following a perm, in which case I apply to towel dried hair immediately after neutralizing and rinsing.william
ML View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ML Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
William, thank you very much for taking your time to reply. Does Shades EQ have any peroxide?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic