Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Aubrey Organics Product Coming Soon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Aubrey Organics Product Coming Soon
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:38am
A friend (mega thanks, Don) has informed me that Aubrey Organics will be unveiling a new leave-in within the Sea Buckthorn line of products in March 2000. Since the product is being launched within the Sea Buckthorn line, it is likely that the product will be for hair which tends to get dry.Personally, I am excited about this because I have felt this was something which was really needed within the Aubrey Organics hair care line. So many people have asked and have been using products creatively for their own leave-in.For those of you who are interested, a new e-mail newsletter will also be available in the beginning of 2000. I think this is the e-mail version of the paper which you receive when you order directly from the company. I tried to get on the list for the e-mail newsletter, but for some reason could not enter the information. Perhaps this portion of the website is still "under construction."Bye for now,JadeRelated Link:Aubrey Organics
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:38am
Hi Jade,this is great news! I hope the leave-in will be available in an 8 oz. bottle (and that it will be reasonably priced:))How have you been doing? It's getting pretty cold around here, even when it's sunny outside. We're getting ready for a short Thanksgiving vacation. Looking forward to spending some quality time with the family. Are you doing anything special over the holiday?You know, I have been using Aubrey Organics for six months now, and I can really see a difference in my hair. I have also been taking supplements regularly, and I think that has helped too. The only thing that I cannot help at the moment is the stress load, although, like you wrote to me a while ago, the B-Vitamins are helping a lot. I have been thinking about trying the H37 formula, and then I found that the Vitamin Shoppe carries an Amino Acid complex at a cheaper price. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a reasonably priced formula that is similar to H37's "step one". I'm still searching.Have you been trying any new products recently? I tried the Selenium Blue shampoo with good results (although I haven't gotten used to the smell yet:)). I also tried the Giovanni 50/50 Remoisturizer, which smelled nice but didn't do much for my hair. I went back to my "old faithful" GPB. Have you tried Aubrey Organic's Mandarin Shampoo? I think I'd like to try it next.Take care,PD> A friend (mega thanks, Don) has informed me that> Aubrey Organics will be unveiling a new leave-in> within the Sea Buckthorn line of products in March> 2000. Since the product is being launched within the> Sea Buckthorn line, it is likely that the product will> be for hair which tends to get dry.> Personally, I am excited about this because I have> felt this was something which was really needed within> the Aubrey Organics hair care line. So many people> have asked and have been using products creatively for> their own leave-in.> For those of you who are interested, a new e-mail> newsletter will also be available in the beginning of> 2000. I think this is the e-mail version of the paper> which you receive when you order directly from the> company. I tried to get on the list for the e-mail> newsletter, but for some reason could not enter the> information. Perhaps this portion of the website is> still "under construction."> Bye for now,> Jade
misty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote misty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
Jade, did you receive my e-mail. If not let me know so I can resend it. If so, thats o.k , you're probably busy right now. However, I am eagerly waiting your response. I could really use your hair care wisdom & AO knowledge.Anyway,I look forward to hearing from you. Ta-Ta, Misty.
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
I'm interested in checking out the amino acids that you found at the Vitamin Shoppe. What brand is it and how does it compare to H37?Jeff.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
Hi, PD!!I am glad you dropped me a note. Our friendly "check-in". I do enjoy the chat:)> this is great news! I hope the leave-in will be> available in an 8 oz. bottle (and that it will be> reasonably priced:))You and me both:) These little bottles have got to go.To me, I would appreciate the 8oz as the standard. I got an e-mail today from Susan Hussey, VP of AO, and it seems that she really pushed hard for the product. She said for her own selfish reasons and the legions of folks who could definitely use the product. I am encouraged by this because Susan has naturally dry hair. You would never know it to look at the woman's hair, because it is gorgeous--full of shine, bounce and very healthy. She also told me to keep checking the website after the first of the year for more products. So maybe we have more goodies coming.> How have you been doing? It's getting pretty cold> around here, even when it's sunny outside. We're> getting ready for a short Thanksgiving vacation.> Looking forward to spending some quality time with the> family. Are you doing anything special over the> holiday?I have been doing very well overall. Just really piled with work to do these days and sort of seems like always a race with the clock. I am going to Ann Arbor, Michigan with my boyfriend to spend the holiday with some of his extended family. I have been on edge for like the last week. It's been dawning on me that we are really going and I am going to meet these folks. I have met his immediate family and they were lovely, but it's kind of a big deal with the impression and all and you know, the guy is like a sweetheart. I think everything will be okay and I am really looking forward to the time away and the festivities and all:)> You know, I have been using Aubrey Organics for six> months now, and I can really see a difference in my> hair. I have also been taking supplements regularly,> and I think that has helped too. The only thing that I> cannot help at the moment is the stress load,> although, like you wrote to me a while ago, the> B-Vitamins are helping a lot. I have been thinking> about trying the H37 formula, and then I found that> the Vitamin Shoppe carries an Amino Acid complex at a> cheaper price. Unfortunately, I have not been able to> find a reasonably priced formula that is similar to> H37's "step one". I'm still searching.I am so glad to hear the products are perking along for you. Aubrey has really spoiled me. With the change of the J.A.Y. formula back to the original, I am back to the good ole days in terms of ease of use and pure enjoyment for my hair. I still use other Aubrey shampoos, but I will always love the J.A.Y. for my hair. It definitely works the best for me.I'm also pleased that the supplements have been working for you with the hair and the stress. Stress is such a nasty word:) I'd be lost without my B Vitamins:)With the HF37, there was a woman at naturallycurly.com who purchased them and she told me something about the Step 1. She indicated that the B vitamins were there, but the Vitamins A, C, E and zinc were nowhere to be found. Sort of surprised me. And, yea, the free-form aminos are readily available at a much cheaper price. I've been hearing people have been doubling and tripling the doses on those aminos. Oh, my:)> Have you been trying any new products recently? I> tried the Selenium Blue shampoo with good results> (although I haven't gotten used to the smell yet:)). I> also tried the Giovanni 50/50 Remoisturizer, which> smelled nice but didn't do much for my hair. I went> back to my "old faithful" GPB. Have you> tried Aubrey Organic's Mandarin Shampoo? I think I'd> like to try it next.I used that Selenium Blue with great results during the worst of my "seasonal dandruff." My scalp was really itchy. Between it and natural oil/herb blend on the scalp, I survived:) That stuff sure is blue as you say and I have a feeling it has a lot of the sulfur-containing aminos, along with the others, because of that smell.I have not tried that Giovanni product. It's a conditioner from what you indicate. I think I told you that I had been using the Giovanni VitaPro Fusion leave-in. I had good results the first couple times, then, for some reason, my hair was just hard. Strange, but it lasted like 3 days after I shampooed/conditioned. Today, I tried a thicker Giovanni leave-in, the Direct Stay-In. Worked well on my hair in terms of tangle-relief, no static and very soft, manageable hair. I've still got an 8oz bottle of Infusium 23, so I am going to alternate between the two until the Infusium is gone. In March, it's on to the Aubrey leave-in.I'm still waiting on the Wiseways Herbals herbal hair rinses. Both are apple-cider vinegar based, one is for dark hair and the other is like a root stimulator. Both are packed with great herbals. They are going to be my alternative to Aubrey's Sage and Rosemary which I cannot use on the length of my hair. In the meantime, I've just been using the old apple cider vinegar which does a wonderful job.With Aubrey's Mandarin Magic shampoo, I have no direct experience. However, I can tell you that a virtual friend of ours, namely Cher, has been having excellent results with it and the moisturizing jelly ( I love the jelly, too). She's moved completely from the Nature's Gate to Aubrey and was very happy the last time I "spoke" with her (e-mail). You might want to post something to her because I know she wanders over periodically to the board. But, I know it's got to be a pretty good shampoo because if you remember, Cher's hair is dry. I remember telling her that I was surprised that she was having such great luck with it only because that shampoo is like recommended for people with like normal hair. But, she says it suits her hair very well. I wish Cher would come here more often. She's a great hair resource:) I know she helped me a lot in the beginning in terms of my hair.Well, PD, I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving and enjoy the time with the family.Great to hear from you, as always:)All the Best,Jade
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
Hi Jade,> I am glad you dropped me a note. Our friendly> "check-in". I do enjoy the chat:)So do I!>I am encouraged by this because Susan has naturally dry> hair. You would never know it to look at the woman's> hair, because it is gorgeous--full of shine, bounce> and very healthy.It's good to know that the people who are promoting Aubrey Organics actually use it too. Did you see Susan Hussey's hair in person or in a picture? Is it long?She also told me to keep checking> the website after the first of the year for more> products. So maybe we have more goodies coming.Oh, I hope so!> I have been doing very well overall. Just really piled> with work to do these days and sort of seems like> always a race with the clock. I am going to Ann Arbor,> Michigan with my boyfriend to spend the holiday with> some of his extended family. I have been on edge for> like the last week. It's been dawning on me that we> are really going and I am going to meet these folks. I> have met his immediate family and they were lovely,> but it's kind of a big deal with the impression and> all and you know, the guy is like a sweetheart.How exciting! I'm sure you'll leave a wonderful impression. What do your boyfriend and his family think of your hair?:)> I am so glad to hear the products are perking along> for you. Aubrey has really spoiled me. With the change> of the J.A.Y. formula back to the original, I am back> to the good ole days in terms of ease of use and pure> enjoyment for my hair. I still use other Aubrey> shampoos, but I will always love the J.A.Y. for my> hair. It definitely works the best for me.After all that talk about the J.A.Y., I am guilty to say that I haven't tried it. I'm afraid that it is too moisturizing and will weigh my hair down. Maybe I should get it in one of those little "try-out" sizes.> With the HF37, there was a woman at naturallycurly.com> who purchased them and she told me something about the> Step 1. She indicated that the B vitamins were there,> but the Vitamins A, C, E and zinc were nowhere to be> found. Sort of surprised me.At first I was suspicious of this too, but then when I thought about it, it made sense because most of the daily multivitamins that people take already contain these ingredients. At least mine do. And I'm glad that they don't contain Vitamin A because my daily multi's already have it, and I'm scared to take any more than that(you know, the toxicity thing).> I used that Selenium Blue with great results during> the worst of my "seasonal dandruff." My> scalp was really itchy. Between it and natural> oil/herb blend on the scalp, I survived:)What oil/herb blend did you use? My scalp has been really itchy lately. The Calaguala shampoo helped the oiliness, but after a few months of use, it began to dry my scalp a little. Plus my skin began to break out along the hairline. That's why I switched to the Selenium Blue. It seems to me that in order to stay healthy, scalps need variety in terms of herbal products. Which is why AO is so great: it offers so many different kinds of products.>Today, I tried a thicker> Giovanni leave-in, the Direct Stay-In. Worked well on> my hair in terms of tangle-relief, no static and very> soft, manageable hair.I don't really have any problems with tangles, so when I'm looking for a leave-in, I'm looking for something that moisturizes and provides lots of shine (but no grease!). Haven't found a good product yet.> I'm still waiting on the Wiseways Herbals herbal hair> rinses. Both are apple-cider vinegar based, one is for> dark hair and the other is like a root stimulator.Never heard of these before. What is the root stimulator like? Does it releave itchiness? The Aubrey rinse was too expensive, so I'm looking for an alternative.>They are going to> be my alternative to Aubrey's Sage and Rosemary which> I cannot use on the length of my hair.Too bad:( From what I remember, your scalp seemed to enjoy it. Why can't you use it on the length of your hair?> Well, PD, I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving and> enjoy the time with the family.You too, Jade. It's always good "talking" to you,PD
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
Hi Jeff,It's Vitamin Shoppe's own brand called "Vitamin Shoppe Amino Complex". 100 tablets cost $11.86, and the directions say to take from 5 to 10 tablets daily. It contains 18 different amino's, and from what I remember, it has more mg's of each amino than the H37, except for L-Cystine (or something of the sort). Good luck checking them out,PD> I'm interested in checking out the amino acids that> you found at the Vitamin Shoppe. What brand is it and> how does it compare to H37?> Jeff.
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
> Hi Jeff,> It's Vitamin Shoppe's own brand called "Vitamin> Shoppe Amino Complex". 100 tablets cost $11.86,> and the directions say to take from 5 to 10 tablets> daily. It contains 18 different amino's, and from what> I remember, it has more mg's of each amino than the> H37, except for L-Cystine (or something of the sort).> Good luck checking them out,> PDThanks,Jeff.
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
Hi PD:)I just wanted to let you know that two Aubrey Organics products that work very well on my scalp with no problems are:1) The JAY shampooI too was worried about this shampoo being too moisturizing on my oily flaky scalp, but you know what? It cleans very well, helps cut down on the oilyness and the flakes, and helps sooth my scalp. Whenever I use this shampoo, I have good scalp/hair days.2)Blue Green Algae Conditioning MaskThis is the second time I've used this mask with fantastic results! At first I was hesitant to use it on my oily flaky scalp which is prone to breakouts, but you know what? Whenever I use this conditioning mask, my scalp is left feeling nice and clean, soothed, and feels so good with no itchyness or flakes for several days afterwards. My scalp seems to really LOVE this product and it leaves my hair full of body and very soft afterwards. I think this is my favorite Aubrey Organics Product.What I usually do is leave the Blue Green Algae Conditioning Mask in for fifteen minutes as the directions direct and then shampoo twice with the Jay Shampoo.Let me know if you try this and if it helps you too. Good luck!!Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!MariaRelated Link:Maria In Mass
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
Hi, PD!> It's good to know that the people who are promoting> Aubrey Organics actually use it too. Did you see Susan> Hussey's hair in person or in a picture? Is it long?In pictures only. The first was in the Organica paper which you get when you order directly from the company. Remember I did this for like 1 year-yikes:) The second was in one of the periodic catalogues I still get from them. She was in a group with other female employees. With Susan, her hair was like just past her shoulders, then she cut it up near her neck from the other picture. I don't know where it is now.But, you are definitely right about promotion and use. Her hair has a gentle curl to it and is light brown, and the shine is just tremendous and bouncy as anything. The same can be said of those other female employees--healthy, vibrant hair. Susan was the one who told me about the Blue Green Algae Hair Mask and how one day she was rushing and just used it as her main conditioner and ran outside with a wet head. By the time she got where she was going, she said she looked like she had been to the salon---which she says she rarely does:) Oh, yea and that the mask whipped the crackles:) She's right about that.....> How exciting! I'm sure you'll leave a wonderful> impression. What do your boyfriend and his family> think of your hair?:)Fingers crossed:) My boyfriend really likes my hair and his parents kept the compliments coming when I met them. His mom has beautiful hair and she really showed me how to "anchor" an updo. She used to wear her hair at her waist, but keeps it a few inches shorter now. I can see where my boyfriend got his hair--his mom. His hair is thick, black, and curly. And, he does have a tendency to steal my GPB. If I am low, I know who has been using it:)> After all that talk about the J.A.Y., I am guilty to> say that I haven't tried it. I'm afraid that it is too> moisturizing and will weigh my hair down. Maybe I> should get it in one of those little> "try-out" sizes.I think the smaller size is a good idea. Even better, get them to send you samples for free. I remember you telling me about your hair that it was fine, but I do not think the product would weigh your hair down like say the white camelia or even the honeysuckle rose could. The J.A.Y. is much more of a balancer with the jojoba. I think that's why I like it so much.> At first I was suspicious of this too, but then when I> thought about it, it made sense because most of the> daily multivitamins that people take already contain> these ingredients. At least mine do. And I'm glad that> they don't contain Vitamin A because my daily multi's> already have it, and I'm scared to take any more than> that(you know, the toxicity thing).Well, when I said I was surprised, what I meant was that the company advertises the ingredients on the website as being in the product. In fact, they are not.> What oil/herb blend did you use? My scalp has been> really itchy lately. The Calaguala shampoo helped the> oiliness, but after a few months of use, it began to> dry my scalp a little. Plus my skin began to break out> along the hairline. That's why I switched to the> Selenium Blue. It seems to me that in order to stay> healthy, scalps need variety in terms of herbal> products. Which is why AO is so great: it offers so> many different kinds of products.I think you are right with the point of variety:) The oil was another WiseWays Herbals product. I used the African Glory Hair Oil. The ingredients: olive oil, extracts of basil, burdock, nettle, rosemary, sage, walnut and yarrow, jojoba oil, lavender essential oil, comfrey flower essence and onyx gem essence. It smells like straight lavender:) This product was targeted for blacks, but the company told me anyone can use, especially if your hair is dark (i.e., the walnut). The lady at Fresh Fields/Whole Foods gave me a funny look when I bought it (she was directing me to the Aztec Naturals line and I said I had plenty of jojoba [big grin]), but you know how that goes:) WiseWays also makes a Goldilocks Oil with identical ingredients, except the walnut and I think the onyx gem essence, substituting chamomile, for those with lighter hair (light brown to blonde). Isn't your hair light brown? Anyway, it did quell those itchies. Basically, I just used a small amount on my fingertips and massaged gently into my scalp. The product is concentrated, so you need just a little. I spent $5 and some change at Fresh Fields/Whole fields and at the website it's like over $9 for 2oz. [Yikes]> I don't really have any problems with tangles, so when> I'm looking for a leave-in, I'm looking for something> that moisturizes and provides lots of shine (but no> grease!). Haven't found a good product yet.Did you ever try the Giovanni VitaPro Fusion? That's the lighter one I mentioned. It's got one PVP as like the second to last ingredient and it is packed with nothing but herbals. It might do well with your hair.> Never heard of these before. What is the root> stimulator like? Does it releave itchiness? The Aubrey> rinse was too expensive, so I'm looking for an> alternative.It is supposed to do that as well as keep the hair follicles healthy. Plus, gleaming shine:) I will definitely post something after I use the two rinses. But, aside from the oil I mentioned above, have u used Aubrey's Blue Green Algae Hair Mask recently? What I found was that for some reason, it would lift the seasonal dandruff off the scalp and quell the itch for a while, but I would still feel scalp distress relatively soon. That's when I started with that oil.With the Wiseways herbal hair rinses, they are a bit cheaper than Aubrey's , but I think the cheaper route will either be Fresh Fields/Whole Foods or somewhere online like MotherNature.com. I requested that MotherNature begin stocking these rinses. I cannnot remember which products they currently stock, but not many.> Too bad:( From what I remember, your scalp seemed to> enjoy it. Why can't you use it on the length of your> hair?It's the witch hazel in the product. Very drying. Why Aubrey did not use apple cider vinegar is beyond me. I don't know if you have read Diane Falconi's book, but an apple cider vinegar rinse with herbs can last on its own, no preservatives, for up to a year and a half. Witch hazel doesn't extend shelf-life any. Who knows:)Before I go, I will leave the link to WiseWays Herbals, so you can check out some of the goods.The other thing I wanted to mention to you is that Coach, the leather accessories folks, has started a line of hair accessories. PD, beautiful velvet scrunchies and leather/suede clips. I will add these to my wish list:)All the Best...JadeRelated Link:WiseWays Herbals
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
Hi Jade,Thanks for the link! Wow, what a nice selection of products (you should see my eyes gleaming now!). Have you tried the Crowning Glory Hair Cream?>Even better, get them to send you samples for free.I think I'll do that.>Isn't your hair light brown?My hair is a funny sort of color. Basically red, but the top layers are almost blond, and the bottom layers are so dark red that sometimes under certain lighting, I could swear they're purple! But basically my hair is red. Do you think the walnut in the African Glory oil would really darken it? Or should I try the Goldilocks oil?> Basically, I just used a small amount on my fingertips> and massaged gently into my scalp.How long do you leave it before shampooing?> Did you ever try the Giovanni VitaPro Fusion? That's> the lighter one I mentioned. It's got one PVP as like> the second to last ingredient and it is packed with> nothing but herbals. It might do well with your hair.I haven't tried it. You know, when I was looking at the ingredients of the Giovanni 50/50, it came to me that the problem I had could be caused by the fact that it contains so many essential oils. Not that they're bad. On the contrary; when used on the scalp, they are very stimulating. But if used on the length of the hair, I would think that they should be extremely drying. AO has some essential oils, but it also contains lots of natural moisturizers, which I didn't find in Giovanni. Maybe I'm wrong.>have u used Aubrey's Blue Green Algae Hair Mask recently?My results were just like yours. It works very well for a while, but it's not like a permanent thing...but still one of my favorites:)> It's the witch hazel in the product. Very drying. Why> Aubrey did not use apple cider vinegar is beyond me.Too bad. Apple cider vinegar is one of those hair secrets that is so simple that people just ignore it. Gosh, the shine you get from that stuff!> The other thing I wanted to mention to you is that> Coach, the leather accessories folks, has started a> line of hair accessories. PD, beautiful velvet> scrunchies and leather/suede clips.Like always, you are very informative:)Take care,PD
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
Hi maria,I have used the Blue Green Algae hair mask with good results. I think the JAY shampoo is on my list of products to try out:) Thanks for the input.Take care,PD> I just wanted to let you know that two Aubrey Organics> products that work very well on my scalp with no> problems are:> 1) The JAY shampoo> I too was worried about this shampoo being too> moisturizing on my oily flaky scalp, but you know> what? It cleans very well, helps cut down on the> oilyness and the flakes, and helps sooth my scalp.> Whenever I use this shampoo, I have good scalp/hair> days.> 2)Blue Green Algae Conditioning Mask> This is the second time I've used this mask with> fantastic results! At first I was hesitant to use it> on my oily flaky scalp which is prone to breakouts,> but you know what? Whenever I use this conditioning> mask, my scalp is left feeling nice and clean,> soothed, and feels so good with no itchyness or flakes> for several days afterwards. My scalp seems to really> LOVE this product and it leaves my hair full of body> and very soft afterwards. I think this is my favorite> Aubrey Organics Product.> What I usually do is leave the Blue Green Algae> Conditioning Mask in for fifteen minutes as the> directions direct and then shampoo twice with the Jay> Shampoo.> Let me know if you try this and if it helps you too.> Good luck!!> Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!> Maria
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
Hi, PD!> Thanks for the link! Wow, what a nice selection of> products (you should see my eyes gleaming now!). Have> you tried the Crowning Glory Hair Cream?I know, my heart skipped a few extra beats:) I tried the Crowning Glory Hair Cream and I thought it was a bit greasy. Just too heavy. The smell was also really medicinal.> My hair is a funny sort of color. Basically red, but> the top layers are almost blond, and the bottom layers> are so dark red that sometimes under certain lighting,> I could swear they're purple! But basically my hair is> red. Do you think the walnut in the African Glory oil> would really darken it? Or should I try the Goldilocks> oil?Your hair sounds cool! I think you should e-mail them, the e-mail is listed on the sight. I would hate for you to have a mess. That way you can get some input if you ever decided to use the oil on the length of your hair.> How long do you leave it before shampooing?I left in for at least one night. What I did basically was use tiny amounts in anticipation of washing. What I found with the oil, unlike some others, it wasn't like my scalp was swimming in the stuff. So, it wasn't like I needed to just leave on for a very short period, then shampoo.> I haven't tried it. You know, when I was looking at> the ingredients of the Giovanni 50/50, it came to me> that the problem I had could be caused by the fact> that it contains so many essential oils. Not that> they're bad. On the contrary; when used on the scalp,> they are very stimulating. But if used on the length> of the hair, I would think that they should be> extremely drying. AO has some essential oils, but it> also contains lots of natural moisturizers, which I> didn't find in Giovanni. Maybe I'm wrong.That sounds like a good explanation. I meant to tell you in the last note that I thought your explanation a while back on the "too much protein for the hair" thing was excellent. Just wonderful!> Too bad. Apple cider vinegar is one of those hair> secrets that is so simple that people just ignore it.> Gosh, the shine you get from that stuff!It is great.> Like always, you are very informative:)Well, thanks:)Until Later,Jade
Briony View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
Hi. Sorry this post is quite awhile after the messages that it is responding to, but I haven't checked the board for two or so weeks!I spent quite a time trying to find things I could take instead of H37 'cause of the price and the high amount of zinc (would be too high for me combined with my daily multi). I found that Vitamin Shoppe's Amino Complex was very similar and that 3-4 tabs roughly equaled the H37 4-6 daily dose.As for Step one I found a product called Maxi-Hair by Country Life ($12.75 for 90, $10.57 for 60 tabs at Vitamin Shoppe). Dosage is 2 tabs a day. The ingredients off the bottle read:L-Methionine 250 mgL-Cysteine 100 mgUnsatured Fatty Acids 200 mg(safflower oil containg linoleic and oleic acids)Choline (bitartrate) 300 mgInositol 300 mgPantothenic Acid 300 mg(d-calcium pantothenate)PABA 100 mgBiotin 1000 mcgFolic Acid (folacin) 800 mcgVitamin B1 30 mg(thiamine HCl)Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 50 mgNiacinamide 50 mgVitamin B6 50 mg(pyridoxine HCl)Vitamin B12 50 mcg(cobalamin concentrate)Selenium (proteinate) 50 mcgZinc (amino acid chelate) 15 mgCopper (amino acid chelate) 1 mgIodine (kelp) 225 mcgVitamin A (palmitate) 5000 IUVitamin C (ascorbic acid) w/ Rose hip 200 mgVitamin E 50 IU(d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate)Hope this helps. I figured out exactly how much aminos were in step 2 H37 and Vit. Shoppe's amino complex per tab to compare. I can post that too, if any one wants to see that.Briony.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic