Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMessage for other hairdressers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Coop View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Message for other hairdressers?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:39am
Hi, allThis one is for hair people on this board. Im a hair stylist looking for other boards that are mostly hair people. I would like to find one that is active, and professional. If there is not one out there, maybe we could create one so stylist and salon owners could interact, and share ideas on marketing, technique, etc....
Maria Luisa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Luisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
> Hi, thereRead your messg,ditto on your ideas.I'm currently studying and also looking for chats,on line clesses etc... I have a question about highlighting using the foil"paper" method.If you can help,post it. thanks
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
> Read your messg,ditto on your ideas.I'm currently> studying and also looking for chats,on line clesses> etc... I have a question about highlighting using the> foil"paper" method.> If you can help,post it. thanksHey fellow stylists!I am a stylist for 14 years and found this site but I am looking for other sites for us only. Although I enjoy answering questions, I'd like to discuss shop. So Coop or anyone else- talk to me!Maria Luisa, whats your questions- I do tons of foil hilites.Maria in N.Y
Jeffrey Hines View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffrey Hines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
> Hi, all> This one is for hair people on this board. Im a hair> stylist looking for other boards that are mostly hair> people. I would like to find one that is active, and> professional. If there is not one out there, maybe we> could create one so stylist and salon owners could> interact, and share ideas on marketing, technique,> etc....Stay Tuned to The Hair Boutique. We will shortly be adding more forums including a forum for Hair Professional.Jeffrey HinesThe Hair Boutique
Jeffrey Hines
HairBoutique.com
Coop View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
> Hey fellow stylists!> I am a stylist for 14 years and found this site but I> am looking for other sites for us only. Although I> enjoy answering questions, I'd like to discuss shop.> So Coop or anyone else- talk to me!Maria Luisa, whats> your questions- I do tons of foil hilites.> Maria in N.YWell it seems we do have some interest in having a board for pro's to talk "shop". Networking ideas is a great way to grow, just think about how you feel after a hair show! We could have that every evening! Not to dis THIS board but I don't really care to much for sharing to much of my hard earned knowlage of 18 years of doing hair with the "public". Don't get me wrong, its great to share tips on fixing, cond., shampoo, and overall hair care, but should we be telling them how to mix color? We have worked hard and spent lots of money and time to learn our craft and art. I have been guilty of sharing too much on this board as well, but I would much rather talk to other working stylist and salon owners. You guys and girls that are not, and just love doing hair, your own or others, please don't take offense. The nature of a good hairstylist is to help people.
Happyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
Hi Maria,I understand the points Coop made and take no offense. I just wanted to ask a question though if I could on highlighting: I heard that the cap method of highlighting could possiby be dangerous for your hair strands. What is your response to that? Thanks for your help.Sincerely,Happyblonde
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:40am
> Well it seems we do have some interest in having a> board for pro's to talk "shop". Networking> ideas is a great way to grow, just think about how you> feel after a hair show! We could have that every> evening! Not to dis THIS board but I don't really care> to much for sharing to much of my hard earned knowlage> of 18 years of doing hair with the "public".> Don't get me wrong, its great to share tips on fixing,> cond., shampoo, and overall hair care, but should we> be telling them how to mix color? We have worked hard> and spent lots of money and time to learn our craft> and art. I have been guilty of sharing too much on> this board as well, but I would much rather talk to> other working stylist and salon owners. You guys and> girls that are not, and just love doing hair, your own> or others, please don't take offense. The nature of a> good hairstylist is to help people.Hi Coop,If you read my last message you can see I like to help, without answering too many questions that should best be left to us in the salon. Its very hard to "diagnose" on the net. So I will try and help but what I am looking for is a place to call our own!Maria in N.Y.
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
> Hi Maria,> I understand the points Coop made and take no offense.> I just wanted to ask a question though if I could on> highlighting: I heard that the cap method of> highlighting could possiby be dangerous for your hair> strands. What is your response to that? Thanks for> your help.> Sincerely,> HappyblondeHi Happy!No offense taken! AS for your question,a few facts on caps. One, although you should use whatever method is more comfortable for you, caps are out! I really dont know to many people that use it. Second, there is poss. of not getting even color, and very high poss. of overlapping color.(which could be very dangerous!) THird and last- IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maria IN N.Y.
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
> Hi Coop,> If you read my last message you can see I like to> help, without answering too many questions that should> best be left to us in the salon. Its very hard to> "diagnose" on the net. So I will try and> help but what I am looking for is a place to call our> own!> Maria in N.Y.To Maria, Coop and all;Please do not think I am a 'traitor' to the craft, I know I talk too much and say too little trying to help some people with their problems. I hope this doesn't offend any of the pro's reading this board. I too would love to have a forum to 'talk shop' on a level of one pro to another. I believe that the best way to gain is to 'share' information between one another. I personally don't worry too much about 'giving away' pro secrets because of the fact I usually use only 'pro products' that usually are unavailible to the general public, and in all of my years of doing hair, I haven't found any 'drugstore' products that will take their place!Lets talk shop any time! Email or here!william
Coop View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
> To Maria, Coop and all;> Please do not think I am a 'traitor' to the craft, I> know I talk too much and say too little trying to help> some people with their problems. I hope this doesn't......Hey William,Coop here, Im not pointing fingers, I, like you feel the best stuff is still in OUR hands. And I do not think of you as a "traitor"! I think these people are very lucky to get the good advice you give. I was just wondering if we could start or find, like Marie said, " a place we could talk shop" There are surely MANY talented stylist on-line that we could all learn from eachother. I've been at it for 18 years and still learn from my stylist that are fresh out of school just as much as I teach them!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
Hi again,I hope I'm not being a nusiance-but I have to ask a question after reading that pro-products are better than drug-store products: Can you tell me, are "Clairol" products that are sold in places like "Sally Beauty Supply" different to the "Clairol" products sold at drugstores? I'm referring to the lighteners, actually. For instance, is Clairol's "Born Blonde" in the drugstore different than the lightener at Sally Beauty Supply? I appreciate your help a lot!Thanks,Happyblonde

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
I appreciate your advice.Happyblonde
Maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:41am
> Hi again,> I hope I'm not being a nusiance-but I have to ask a> question after reading that pro-products are better> than drug-store products: Can you tell me, are> "Clairol" products that are sold in places> like "Sally Beauty Supply" different to the> "Clairol" products sold at drugstores? I'm> referring to the lighteners, actually. For instance,> is Clairol's "Born Blonde" in the drugstore> different than the lightener at Sally Beauty Supply? I> appreciate your help a lot!> Thanks,> HappyblondeHi!No, there is no difference in that particular product,but I cant possibly see how by reading the directions on the product can give you the sense of knowledge to color your own hair. We do not try to discourage you for any other reason other than the fact that it takes us years to learn color.Also by playing around with color,you can cause some serious damage to your hair and scalp.As far as pro products, like anything else, some are better than others. I am also suprised to see sally b.s. selling to non pros!Hope I've shed some light.
Sue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:42am
> To Maria, Coop and all;> Please do not think I am a 'traitor' to the craft, I> know I talk too much and say too little trying to help> some people with their problems. I hope this doesn't> offend any of the pro's reading this board. I too> would love to have a forum to 'talk shop' on a level> of one pro to another. I believe that the best way to> gain is to 'share' information between one another. I> personally don't worry too much about 'giving away'> pro secrets because of the fact I usually use only> 'pro products' that usually are unavailible to the> general public, and in all of my years of doing hair,> I haven't found any 'drugstore' products that will> take their place!> Lets talk shop any time! Email or here!> williamRobert Craig has a pro board as well as Hotlocks.They provide lots of technical advice.Have fun!
Regards,

Sue
Gloria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gloria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:42am
> Hi, all> This one is for hair people on this board. Im a hair> stylist looking for other boards that are mostly hair> people. I would like to find one that is active, and> professional. If there is not one out there, maybe we> could create one so stylist and salon owners could> interact, and share ideas on marketing, technique,> etc....i think it is great we have a board like this to ofer advice to other people about their hair.i know many are far from us so we can't do thier hair for them but is nice to give advice for them about styles or colours to take to thier stylist.if you don't want to give adive you don't have to offer any.:)))

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Happyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:42am
Hi Maria,Thanks for the advice!Happyblonde
Cherie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cherie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:42am
> Wow what a thread! Yeah I would LOVE a board for pros to network and sharpen skills. I hope it happens...great idea!and PS...Sally BS always sells to public. If youre licensed you get a small discount, but other than that.............
Ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:43am
> i think it is great we have a board like this to ofer> advice to other people about their hair.i know many> are far from us so we can't do thier hair for them but> is nice to give advice for them about styles or> colours to take to thier stylist.if you don't want to> give adive you don't have to offer any.> :)))
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic