Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedswimming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Amy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swimming
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
i have been swimming for a couple of weeks because my high school team just started and i practice at 5:30 am til 6:15 am and i have to take a shower and blow dry my hair before schoolnormally my hair is somewhat wavy and frizzy so i blow dry it straight and sleep on it to minimize the frizz but when i have to dry it in the morning i have very frizzy hair and it looks really badmy question is how can i minimize the frizz but keep it straight
Sherry LaBree View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry LaBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
Hi Amy!!I remeber HS swim practice fondly... tell ya the truth, I REALLY miss all that stuff... ENJOY it while its available :) Anyway, I have curly hair, and I can remember having nightmares about my hair during swim season. I know that 'straight' hair seems to be all the rage right now.... but try and love your natural texture, and learn how to play it up with mousses, gels and pomades! Be unique... don't conform :) As for quick blowdrying techniques, I really don't have many... as it takes me about 35 minuted to blow mine out sleek. What I used to do after parcatice... was wash and condition, apply a good leave-in conditoner... then some gel, and finally put on my headband....It was quick and easy... and it looked good :)I hope this helps... and best of luck during the rest of swim season :)Sherry> i have been swimming for a couple of weeks because my> high school team just started and i practice at 5:30> am til 6:15 am and i have to take a shower and blow> dry my hair before school> normally my hair is somewhat wavy and frizzy so i blow> dry it straight and sleep on it to minimize the frizz> but when i have to dry it in the morning i have very> frizzy hair and it looks really bad> my question is how can i minimize the frizz but keep> it straight
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
> i have been swimming for a couple of weeks because my> high school team just started and i practice at 5:30> am til 6:15 am and i have to take a shower and blow> dry my hair before school> normally my hair is somewhat wavy and frizzy so i blow> dry it straight and sleep on it to minimize the frizz> but when i have to dry it in the morning i have very> frizzy hair and it looks really bad> my question is how can i minimize the frizz but keep> it straightIf you are on a swim team you probably wear a swim cap.You could try a more water tight cap for use during practice only and wear the team race cap during meets.There are a few conditioners and shampoos out now just for swimmers hair, but they deal more with removal of the chlorine. Your coaches may object to some of the more watertight caps as they may think they might cause drag and slow you up. It would be interesting to do a timed swim to see if it would be true. Any way for practice I don,t see how it could make any difference. For more information try the link to "Swim Cap Guide" its www.geocities.com/aquafit/Related Link:Swim Cap Guide/ Swim Hair Care
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
Sorry but that address and link is wrong!Tha address is www.geocities.com/aquabound/for "Swim Cap Guide"Related Link:Swim Cap Guide/ Swim Hair Care
ted View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
Hello!I have pretty frizzy and wavy hair too and I swim for High School. What I found one day in my grocery store was this VO5 Hot Oil stuff that claimed to calm frizziness and add moisture.I tried it out, and noticed my hair was a lot less frizzy and better. I know there's better stuff out there, but this stuff was pretty cheap and takes only 1 min to use, once per week. I was a little hesistant on that, but it did seem to last and works pretty good.Not the best probably, but it will help a bunch till you find better.-ted> i have been swimming for a couple of weeks because my> high school team just started and i practice at 5:30> am til 6:15 am and i have to take a shower and blow> dry my hair before school> normally my hair is somewhat wavy and frizzy so i blow> dry it straight and sleep on it to minimize the frizz> but when i have to dry it in the morning i have very> frizzy hair and it looks really bad> my question is how can i minimize the frizz but keep> it straight
L.Palmer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L.Palmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:47am
Hi there, I've read the other messages on the board for your problem and I think they are all very good. Have you seen your hair dresser? There are so many good products out there on the professional market to help with the frizzies? Of course, the chlorine is not helping your hair. If you can find a tight fitting cap as suggested, that would be step one. Of the products out there; Graham Webb makes some wonderful products in his Head Games line as well as a line called So Straight. Biosilk also makes another great one called Silk Straight. Talk with your hairdresser. He/She can tell you what they have to offer that will be cost effective for you and not compromise your hair. Good Luck!L. Palmer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic