Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair Product Poll..please reply =)!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Simone.(C) View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simone.(C) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Product Poll..please reply =)!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:03am
> 1. What's your hair type? Fine/colored/dry&porous> 2. What's your favorite shampoo? Paul Mitchell's shampoo One> 3. What's your favorite conditioner? Paul Michell's The Detangler.> 4. What's your favorite styling product? Sebastians Potion 9(it makes my hair behave plus protects & conditions.> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?Keune's Balm Treatment.> Thank you for your time ^_^.
Kira View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
> 1. What's your hair type?Very fine, rather thin, _very_ straight, dark blonde which lightens naturally and noticably.> 2. What's your favorite shampoo?Artec Smoothing (a thousand thankyou's to Karen for the heads up on that one)> 3. What's your favorite conditioner?Artec Smoothing> 4. What's your favorite styling product?Formerly Redken Shinsen leave in but they killed that product line *wail* So if anyone has come up with suitable replacements i suggest they start a new thread along those lines.> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?Artec MPac. (See a trend? :)> Thank you for your time ^_^.No problem as long as you tell us what you've learned :)
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
> Oh yes, I have to agree with this. The Biolage> products are simply the BEST, hands down. :)I am so glad that other people have realized how wonderful Biolage is because I wouldn't trade it for anything. Plus I get all of my products for free because my boyfriend's mom is a beautitian and owns her own salon. I wouldn't go back to anything else even if I was paying for the products. I would highly recommend these products to everyone! Later.Christine :)
Andrea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
> My hair type is thick, somewhat dry, and slightly> wavy.> My favorite shampoo is Biolage Hydrating Shampoo> (my boyfriend's mom, who is a beautitian, recommended> all of these products to me and they work great.)> My favorite conditioner is Biolage Conditioning Balm> and Biolage Daily Leave-In Hair Tonic> I don't have any favorite styling products> Sometimes I use Matrix Essentials Nutrient Rich> Conditioner or the Conditioning Balm and leave it on> for 20 minutes under heat.Oh yes, I have to agree with this. The Biolage products are simply the BEST, hands down. :)
Andrea
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
> What is your favorite white rain conditioner?I think they're all about the same, but I like the Extra Body Salon Style conditioner. It's one of the only ones that doesn't weigh my hair down! :)
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
> What is your favorite white rain conditioner?I complain when other people mention a general company name with no specific product, and I just did the same thing! The kind my daughter uses is "Exotics" by White Rain, particularly the Orchid Petals conditioner. In case you're interested Paula Begoun's comments are, "This is strictly for detangling normal hair." But, believe it or not, we "discovered" it before reading Paula's book. Although my daughter has fairly long hair, she rarely gets split ends, so we really do use the conditioner just for detangling. Also, the shampoos of the "Exotics" line have worked well and don't seem to contain any harmful ingredients and (more importantly for us) no silicone or conditioners that would build up on the hair.Jena
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
What is your favorite white rain conditioner?
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
> 3)Conditioner- White Rain (hard to believe, but it> works!)I agree completely! I've never really had a problem with tangling with my hair, but my daughter now has waist-length super thick hair, and although we've only tried a handful of conditioners, the White Rain worked so well that we stuck with it. It seems to detangle and condition her hair beautifully.
Kathi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
> 1. What's your hair type?> 2. What's your favorite shampoo?> 3. What's your favorite conditioner?> 4. What's your favorite styling product?> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?> Thank you for your time ^_^.1. Fine,yet abundant,colored,long2. Aubreys Honeysuckle Rose & Desert Essence Daily Replenishing3. same as shampoos4.John Freida Sheer Blonde Mousse5. Jojoba oil/Shea Butter treatment (waving to Jade!)Kathi
Jessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
1. 3b hair, very thick - similar to Keri Russell's (pre-haircut) and Rebecca Gayheart's2. Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo (regular formula)3. Kenra's Hair ReMoisturizer4. lots of favorites - Biolage Defining Elixir, Rusk Wired, Aveda PureFume Brilliant Humectant Pomade5. Terax Crema
Sherry LaBree View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry LaBree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
Hi there!Hair Type: I have what we curly-heads refer to as 3A curls. My curls resemble those of Julia Roberts, Susan Surrandon or Jane Krakwoski (from Ally McBeal). A 3B curly-head would have tighter spirals (like Juliana Marguillies or Rebecca Gayheart). My hair is soft and medium (not course, not fine)-- it is also moderalty thick, and runs on the naturally dry side.Favorite shampoos- ARTec Smoothing shampoo, Biolage Color Care shampoo, Philip B. One Step Botanical Shampoofavorite Clarifying shampoo- Bumble and Bumble Seaweed shampoo, Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo (the little tube)Favortite Conditioners-- ARTec Smoothing Conditioner (hands down all-time favorite), Paul Brown ressurect, Biolage Conditioing Balm, Rusk Calm ConditionerFavorite Deep Conditioners-- Philip B. Deep Conditioning Creme Rinse, Ouidad Deep TreatmentFavorite Leave-In Conditioners-- Bumble and Bumble Leave-In Conditioner, Wella Liquid Hair Resturcturizer, Kiehls Leave-In ConditionerFavorite Styling Products-- Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam (with conditioners, NOT the extra body vesion), Biolage Gelee, Fudge Shaper, Paul Brown Mousse Gel, Bumble and Bumble Styling Creme, ARTec Texture CremeSorry that I don't have ONE favorite-- I am a curly head and a product junkie... I rotate products about every week or so :)Good Topic!Sherry> 1. What's your hair type?> 2. What's your favorite shampoo?> 3. What's your favorite conditioner?> 4. What's your favorite styling product?> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?> Thank you for your time ^_^.
Christine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:50am
> 1. What's your hair type?My hair type is thick, somewhat dry, and slightly wavy.> 2. What's your favorite shampoo?My favorite shampoo is Biolage Hydrating Shampoo(my boyfriend's mom, who is a beautitian, recommended all of these products to me and they work great.)> 3. What's your favorite conditioner?My favorite conditioner is Biolage Conditioning Balm and Biolage Daily Leave-In Hair Tonic> 4. What's your favorite styling product?I don't have any favorite styling products> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?Sometimes I use Matrix Essentials Nutrient Rich Conditioner or the Conditioning Balm and leave it on for 20 minutes under heat.
Tanna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:49am
> 1. What's your hair type?oily scalp, dry lower 1/3 of hair length> 2. What's your favorite shampoo?Aubrey blue camomile; honeysuckle/rose; Aveda Shampure (regular)> 3. What's your favorite conditioner?AO jojoba/aloe; AO swimmer's conditioner; NG original herbal; all L'anza conditioners (tho nowadays I rarely use them but love the smell so have to once in awhile especially since they changed their look and I love the new design - -what can I say I'm a very visual person & easily influenced by marketing(haha)> 4. What's your favorite styling product?The L'anza super-hold hairspray (pump; cna't remember the exact name)> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?olive oil, jojoba oil> Thank you for your time ^_^.
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:49am
> 1. What's your hair type?> 2. What's your favorite shampoo?> 3. What's your favorite conditioner?> 4. What's your favorite styling product?> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?> Thank you for your time ^_^.1)hair type- fine and oily2)KMS Ultravolume Shampoo3)Conditioner- White Rain (hard to believe, but it works!)4) Styling product- I alternate between Biolage Mousse and Redken Guts5) Don't use a deep conditioner.
brenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:49am
> 1. What's your hair type?> 2. What's your favorite shampoo?> 3. What's your favorite conditioner?> 4. What's your favorite styling product?> 5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?> Thank you for your time ^_^.Medium to fine tends to be dry, but has been getting much better since switching to Nature's Gate.Nature's Gate Original herbalNature's Gate Original herbal (or the Jojoba, occasionally)I don't use any styling productsI deep condition my hair with my own mix of olive oil & sesame oil infused with sage, rosemary, and nettles...once this has cooled I mix in cocoa butter. I deep condition about 1-2 times/week.
brenda
Cooki View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:49am
1. What's your hair type?2. What's your favorite shampoo?3. What's your favorite conditioner?4. What's your favorite styling product?5. What's your favorite deep conditioner?Thank you for your time ^_^.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic