Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow can I tame very curly hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can I tame very curly hair?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:53am
I have very curly hair just below shoulder length just like the girl on Ally McBeal.Each strand of hair is unique and very wavy. I have been using all of the following:Shampoo-Redken dry hair,Aveda Shampure,Ouidad&Infusium, Kiehl Castille.Conditioner-Redken dry hair,Aveda Curlessence,Mermade,Kiehl,Ouidad Balancing Rinse(just started).Deep Conditioner-Redken Masque dry hair,Aveda Cherry Bark&Deep Revitalizing,Mermade by Loreal,Ouidad(just started,Kiehl Masque.Styling-Ouidad TressF/X,gel&shine, Infusium,Aveda Styling Curlessence&Elixer,Kiehl Leavein& Silk.Expensive products! Infusium is the one that works best.Must use that with whatever else I use or I get FRIZZY&WILD.Infusium,as MANY of these products,have SILICONE&my hair is now very dry.I want to stopthe silicone What shamp,cond,deepcond,leavein,&styling prod to use?HELP
Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:54am
Well, here is my suggestion!Get a good all-natural moisturizing shampoo and an all natural deep conditioner. Oh, and then you'll need an all-natural regular conditioner.Wash and condition your hair every other day. After you have rinsed the deep conditioner out, squeeze extra water out of your hair. Then apply a small amount of the regular conditioner, comb that through your hair. Then apply a really strong gel. After that, style as normal.This should help! I have the same kind of hair and this has really helped my hair.If you want some other suggestions my e-mail is:wings@coolmail.net
Rose
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:54am
Thanks for the tips Wings. You say to wash and condition my hair every other day, however, I need to wash it at night to remove all the products I put on in the morning and to get rid of the knots that form on my shoulder length hair in the back of my neck. Otherwise the next morning I have the worst knots imaginable and I can't get rid of them without breaking my hair. So I wash it at night and then in the morning I need to wet it again to re-detangle it and to style it. I know all this water is bad for my hair but what are my choices? The gel as a styling tool alone is not enough. I need a leave-in and another styling product.
wendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:54am
> Thanks for the tips Rose. You say to wash and> condition my hair every other day, however, I need to> wash it at night to remove all the products I put on> in the morning and to get rid of the knots that form> on my shoulder length hair in the back of my neck.> Otherwise the next morning I have the worst knots> imaginable and I can't get rid of them without> breaking my hair. So I wash it at night and then in> the morning I need to wet it again to re-detangle it> and to style it. I know all this water is bad for my> hair but what are my choices? The gel as a styling> tool alone is not enough. I need a leave-in and> another styling product.
Rose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:54am
Wendy,Washing your hair everday is not death!! When you wet it in the morning, condition it. This will help!As far as styling products go, I would go with what you need, but try to get the ones that have the least chemicals. I have found that gel and leave in conditioner work wonders, along with a little hair spray:)You might try this site for product suggestions and other tips.Other than that, enjoy your hair!!If I can be of further help to you, let me know!!
Rose
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic