Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedColoring hair blonde?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
charlotte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coloring hair blonde?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
I have dark brown hair but fair skin and light blue eyes. For some time I have wanted to color my hair blonde . . . and just need a little encouragement before I go for it!!! So please let me know if you have ever done this - or what you think of it with my coloring. Also please let me know if you have a good colorist in New England. thanks!!!
Jena View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
I think almost anyone can go blonde, but which hue you use is critical. If you're a "cool" coloring and look good in the colors burgundy, gray, navy, and so forth, you'd probably look best in an ashe blonde. However, if you're a "warm" coloring and look good in khaki, peach, salmon, bright sun yellow, and so forth, you'd probably look best in a golden blonde.I'd personally stay away from the "bleach" blonde look, where it's pretty much *white*! No offense to anyone who colors her hair this way, but to me it's just a bit fake, cheap, and tacky-looking.And if you want a more natural look, you could just go for highlights all over. That way, if you don't really care for the look and don't want to keep coloring it, you don't have to! Rarely do people have only one tone in their hair. And generally, I think highlights are prettier with the variety of colors instead of one and one only color!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic