Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedStraighten hair with HUGE rollers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Charlene View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straighten hair with HUGE rollers?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
I've read that you can straighten curly, frizzy hair by using extra large rollers and drying. My question is - what kind of rollers? Regular, velcro, hot? Also, do you blow dry or sit under a dryer?
Lucy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
> I've read that you can straighten curly, frizzy hair> by using extra large rollers and drying. My question> is - what kind of rollers? Regular, velcro, hot? Also,> do you blow dry or sit under a dryer?
Lucy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
Hi Charlene,This is the way I straighten my hair. First I saturate my hair with setting lotion. Then I use big plastic rollers and roll my hair and secure the rollers using bobby pins or plastic clips. Finally, I spray my hair with setting lotion again to ensure that my hair stays saturated. After that I dry my hair under a hooded dryer or you can use a bonnet dryer. It usually takes me about an hour to dry. Your hair will have tons of body to it that will usually fade within 2-3 days. I know mine does. If your hair is still not as straight as you want it, then use a flat iron to finish the look.You can find all of the supplies at Sallys or your local beauty supply store. Hope that helps.
GEOFF View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
> Hi Charlene,> I agree with Lucy. Use the magnetic or plastic rollersthey will straighten out the hair better than any otherroller. Wash hair and dry. Then add a gel or setting lotionto your hair, comb through and roll on large magnetic rollers Dry totally using a hood dryer and once dry, letcool for 15 minutes. You will have great looking hair withtons of body but u will have lost the curl. You should sendKaren here a before, during and after photo for her to post.anyway, have fun.Geoff>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic