Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCutting long hair to gently flip up at bottom.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
barbara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cutting long hair to gently flip up at bottom.
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:55am
I have long blunt hair and am wondering how to cut the ends to make it flip up in a very slight way (a modified very long flip). Do I undercut it or do the exact opposite by making the bottom layer longer? Thank you! Barbara
William View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote William Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
> I have long blunt hair and am wondering how to cut the> ends to make it flip up in a very slight way (a> modified very long flip). Do I undercut it or do the> exact opposite by making the bottom layer longer?> Thank you! BarbaraTo Barbara;Part the hair vertically, and hold straight out from the back and sides, working radially around the head, angle the shears at about a 30 degree angle and cut carefully across the section so the bottom hair is the longest and the top layer winds up about 1 inch shorter. Do this step last! Trim the overall out line in a 'blunt' manner first and then carefully section and 'angle cut' the perimeter as I described and the hair will flip up on its own if it is thick and has some body.william
barbara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
> To Barbara;> Part the hair vertically, and hold straight out from> the back and sides, working radially around the head,> angle the shears at about a 30 degree angle and cut> carefully across the section so the bottom hair is the> longest and the top layer winds up about 1 inch> shorter. Do this step last! Trim the overall out line> in a 'blunt' manner first and then carefully section> and 'angle cut' the perimeter as I described and the> hair will flip up on its own if it is thick and has> some body.> williamDear William,Thank you very much!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic