Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed Hair Color Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veronica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Hair Color Help
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
Hello, I have waist length hair that I have beencoloring jet black for the last umpteen years. I am so sick of it, and really need a change. Unfortunatelythe color is permanant and although I haven't touchedthe ends of my hair in over 6 years,(just a touch upto the roots now and then) the color is still holdingfast. I want to change this and go to a more of mynatural color, a deep red. If I just wait for theblack to grow out..it would be YEARS, because of thelength. How can I get this out of my hair with outdoing incredible damage??
sandra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:56am
Veronica,I colored my hair jet black a few years ago because I wanted to go back to my natural haircolor (my natural haircolor is a deep brown, almost black). I found that the black I put in my hair was way too harsh looking so I tried to color it over but...NOTHING happened. My hair was soo black I could not get it to lighten or even take a hint of color, using the store-bought permanent stuff. I thought about getting the color bleached but I too was afraid of frying my very long, healthy hair. So, I waited and it took 2 1/2 years to grow it all out! At first I used Natural Instincts to color the new growth so that it would match the black, without adding more permanent color on my hair. Fortunately the permanent color did fade to the point where it almost matched my natural haircolor.I am no expert, but you can possibly go to a salon to have your hair bleached, and then have the colorist add some dark red that is close to your natural color. The bleach they use at salons is a lot nicer to the hair than the commercially available stuff. This can cost a lot of $$$ though. I certainly wouldn't try this at home.You can do what I did and use a semi-permanent black or black-cherry on your roots until it all grows out. Natural Instincts is good but be warned, it may stain your hair (it faded completely in mine)and then, what would be the point?Good luck!Sandra
Jul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 6:59am
> Hello, I have waist length hair that I have been> coloring jet black for the last umpteen years. I am so> sick of it, and really need a change. Unfortunately> the color is permanant and although I haven't touched> the ends of my hair in over 6 years,(just a touch up> to the roots now and then) the color is still holding> fast. I want to change this and go to a more of my> natural color, a deep red. If I just wait for the> black to grow out..it would be YEARS, because of the> length. How can I get this out of my hair with out> doing incredible damage??I would definately go to a salon to correct this.It can be lifted but may not lift evenly.You want to be in a salon where they have the proper materials to correct any problems.
Sunshine
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic