Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedblowdrying hair straight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
franky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blowdrying hair straight
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
what is the best way to blow dry hair straight and the best type of brush.whaen i go to the salon they blow dry super straight and very smooth with a round brush. but at home cant really get as good.
Vicky View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:01am
I usually find success when following the following steps:1) Dry about 75% of your hair first, either by gently towel drying, blow drying with a diffuser or by air drying, unless your hair is very curly in which case you should start right away.2) Spread a nice dollop of straightening or smoothing balm onto your hair. Comb through.3) Section hair.4) Using either a paddle brush or a barrel brush, hold the ends of your hair taut. Holding the dryer about 3-6 inches from your hair, on the high setting, dry each section.5) Use the cool shot button on your dryer to blast each dried section with cool air. This will lock in the straightness.GOOD LUCK!! =)
duh View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:02am
why dont you just use a straightening iron save you the trouble and time
Jamie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:02am
It depends on the length of your hair but to get mine straight I use a straightening balm and a medium sized metal round brush. Start with wet hair and spread balm on your hands and run through your hair then comb through with a comb. In sections wrap your hair around the metal round brush and blow until completely dry then do another section.Hope this helps.> what is the best way to blow dry hair straight and the> best type of brush.> whaen i go to the salon they blow dry super straight> and very smooth with a round brush. but at home cant> really get as good.
Jamie :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic