Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVegetable glycerin and color-treated hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vegetable glycerin and color-treated hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:00am
Hi, I'm new to the board and the advice given here is great! I have one question: Is it safe to use products with vegetable glycerin on color-treated hair? Will the glycerin fade or strip the color? I ordered Phytostyle gel and Burt's Bees Avocado treatment and they both have vegetable glycerin. I don't want to use them unless they're safe. Thanks for any help!
Kathi View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kathi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:01am
> Hi, I'm new to the board and the advice given here is> great! I have one question: Is it safe to use products> with vegetable glycerin on color-treated hair? Will> the glycerin fade or strip the color? I ordered> Phytostyle gel and Burt's Bees Avocado treatment and> they both have vegetable glycerin. I don't want to use> them unless they're safe. Thanks for any help!Hi Lisa,My experience with glycerine has been that it really does fade my haircolor. I avoid any products that contain glycerine. HTHKathi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic