Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PERT PLUS--I'll probably get alot of flack on this one!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPERT PLUS--I'll probably get alot of flack on this one!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PERT PLUS--I'll probably get alot of flack on this one!
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:06am
Hello!I have been a cosmetologist for about 8 years, and I have tried every professional shampoo and conditioner on my own hair that I can get my hands on. My problem is that my hair is very fine, which is ok because the style I have doesn't require alot of body, and while it is healthy, my scalp gets oily and my ends are a trocious! They are very dry, split and literally break when brushed. The ony shampoo I can use and not weigh my hair down is Pert Plus for Oily hair, then I use Sebastion's Potion 9 on the ends every time. Anything else I use either makes my hair wad up like a big ball of cotton- Biologe Hydrating being the worst, and Paul Mitchell products, except the Rogain system! Does anyone have any other suggestions. I've tried all the Paul Mitchell, Redken, Nexxus, Sebastion, Joico, Framesi, and others. I do not perm, color or use hardly any heat styling aids. The other stylists call my hair "trashy", in that I do everything right for it- except use pert plus, which I understand is controversial- but it is always damaged looking on the ends. HELP!! And just how bad IS Pert Plus?? The one for Normal hair makes it greasy in about 8 hours. What should I do???
maria View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:06am
Hi AJ :)My advice is to try to forget all you've heard about "Pert Plus" being a bad shampoo for your hair and if works well for you, keep on using it! I don't think it's true anymore that professional products as a whole are better for your hair than the drugstore variety. Like you, I've tried many a professional product as well, a few natural products, ect. and you know what? The majority of them made my scalp itch awful. Recently, I threw my hands up in the air truly frustrated LOL and decided to try Suave. You know what? I've been using Suave for the last week or so and it doesn't make my scalp itch, leaves my hair shiny, full of body, and no more of that annoying itch. I don't care anymore that it's not a professional or natural product - what matters the most to me that the annoying itch is gone and it leaves my hair in the condition I love the most which is no itch, shine, and full of body. Yes, I know Suave is one of the so called "bad shampoos" also and contains controversial ingrediants. I've heard it all from some hairdressers, Paula Begoun's book, ect. but you know what? I could use something else Paula gave a high rating to and what would I have? Itchy scalp again! Noooooo thanks! I'm sticking with my Suave, thank you very much!No more scalp itching for me- finally!! Hooray!! LOL!!Maria :)Related Link:Hair Boutique Gallery Pictures
seabears View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seabears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2000 at 8:25am
When I wore my hair in a super short, choppy cut, all I could use was Pert Plus, too. It left my hair soft and shiny, but not limp. Now that my hair is longer, and winter is making my hair sort of dry, I need more conditioning, so I switched to a separate conditioner. I say, if it works for you, stick with it!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 2:15am
I agree. If its not broken don't mess with it. If Pert Plus works for you...then use it. It is your hair. So do what works.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2000 at 2:49pm
"Name" brand, where purchased, and cost of a hair care product have no bearing on its performance, as you well can see! Unfortunately, we've been brainwashed into thinking only designer brands with high price tags are best for our hair. Some are wonderful, and some are terrible. I personally use what's best for my hair, not what someone who gets commissions from selling it, tells me.

Jennifer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic