Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShiny Straight Straighteners - do they work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Christie B. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christie B. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shiny Straight Straighteners - do they work?
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 7:06am
Has anyone tried the new shiny straight straightener from Conair - or a similar straightener? I am thinking of buying one for my past shoulder length coarse, thick wavy hair.I hear from some people they ruin your hair. However, I also have heard that the new types are much better.This particular one has velvet one side to make your hair shiny. It looks good.Any ideas?Thank you.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 1:50am
Hi,

The problem in the past with products like this is a high concentration of silicones or similar products that coat the hair shaft. I personally have had great luck with Matrix Vavoom which makes my wavy hair very straight and very shiny. However, I have noticed that if I use it to often that my hair does get a little more dry than normal. I also love the ARTec smoothing serum which seems to actually work better when I don't blow dry my hair.

What I would suggest is that you try the product and see how it does with your hair. It may not have a heavy concentration of cones or sealers that would harm your hair. Only you can tell from trying it.

If you do buy the Conair, let us know how you like it.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic