Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAbout growing out layers...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alexandra View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: About growing out layers...
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 10:12pm
Hey, everyone,

It just hit me the other day that the longest layer is about bra length. The shortest is just about enough to go behind my back and stay.

Now what?

I'm hesitant to cut it all to one length because my hair is very thick and heavy. I feel like I need a body booster on the top of my hair already. I don't want it to drag down and look flat.

Then again, my life goal practically has been for me to put my hair into an *attractive* bun. I can do it now, but ends go flying everywhere, and I don't feel like sticking in a million bobby pins. Same goes for a French braid: towards the end of the braid, the ends fly out and I can't secure it well without leaving a good two inches unbraided.

Suggestion? Comments? Complaints? (Be gentle ;-)

Alexandra
Carolyn B View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carolyn B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 1:21pm
Hi Alexandra!

What a lovely name!

I am going through the same thing you are. I also have mid back length hair with layers up about 4". What a pain! I just want them GONE but like you am not willing to lose that much length. I am just getting small regular trims and eventually someday it will be all one length, I hope. I know what you mean about all those pesky ends sticking out. When I do a french braid I put a gel in my hair hair before I do the braid. I put it in from the ears down and it seems to "glue" those ends down. Also you can add some more gel after you finish your braid. I also use gel or mousse when I do a bun. Hope this helps. Don't cut your layers all off. If you want your hair really long I don't think you will behappy if you do that. Good luck.

Carolyn B
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic