Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedPatrick Cameron's Hair Style Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Stylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Patrick Cameron's Hair Style Video
    Posted: January 13 2000 at 11:24pm
Patrick Cameron has two very satisfied customers. My husband purchased Patrick's long hair styling video's for me and they are very useful and informative. My hair has been mid back or longer since our marriage. Recently, I cut my hair to just past my shoulders. My husband was upset because he loves my hair styled in an updo and thought the new shorter length would eliminate any updo styles. Purchasing Patrick Cameron's video's gave me many options on styling my hair at its new length and proved to my husband I did not need waist length hair to get the updo styles he liked so much. I highly recommend Patrick's video. I am a satisfied customer. Thanks Patrick and thank you Karen for your wonderful website.
khooten View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khooten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2000 at 11:30am
Thanks, Sylist for the information. I just ordered the first of his videos and have yet to receive it. I was feeling a bit silly about ordering--knowing it might be a waste of money. Your positive feedback makes me feel more confident about my purchase.

I have waist-length hair and it doesn't style well--gravity seems to have an overwhelming affect on my hair!

I have so many "fundamental" questions about styling. What does a 2" section really mean? I don't like to use mousse or styling products on my hair, will they really help that much? Which pins do I use when? I thought maybe watching a video of someone styling might help me learn the basics.

--Karen
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 1:38am
HI,

Thanks for the kind words on Patrick and Hair Boutique. I have had the good fortune to communicate with Patrick...in an indirect way...and he is a wonderful person. He really loves what he does and it shows

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 1:44am
Hi,

You know what...I used to have the same question about what a 2 inch section was. So I asked Shelley...my long hair stylist...how to determine what a 2 inch section was. She reached into her drawer and pulled out a tape measure and pulled a strand of hair and then wrapped the tape measure around it....just about 2 inches. As she explained it, she has been doing hair for so many years, she can tell by a glance what 1 inch or 2 inches is. But the odd thing is that I would never have thought to measure the sections. Now I still do when I am testing a hair style on myself. It works.

The other thing that you mentioned...how to determine what pins to use....I used to have that problem also. Then Shelley suggested that I go to a Sally Beauty store and just buy a few samples. So I went and bought small hair pins and big hair pins and hair clips. I played with them and actually started getting the hang of things.

One thing about Patrick Cameron is that he talks about what he is doing throughout the entire video. I actually find that more helpful than if someone is trying to tell me how to do it to my own hair. So I like just watching him work on the model's hair. I have learned a lot each time I watch.

I hope you enjoy the video. Would love to hear your feedback.

Best wishes,
Karen
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
khooten View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khooten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2000 at 11:45am
Karen:

Wow!! I would never have thought a 2" section meant 2" diameter. That sure explains why some of the things I've tried haven't worked that well. If you did it as width, you'd end up with a MUCH larger section.

Thanks for the feedback on sections and pins. I've basically done exactly what you suggested--I have big roller pins, small bobby pins, small and large hair pins and a bunch of plastic clips and just play with them. Most of the time, I'm using the large roller pins for a bun, with some small hair pins just to hold some of the loose ends in place.

I've also learned to cross my bobby pins to get a better hold.

Thanks again. I'll let you know how I like the video after I receive it.

--Karen
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic