Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedColor over Color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anardoca View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anardoca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color over Color
    Posted: January 14 2000 at 8:11am
My natural hair color is dark ash blonde. It has no warmth, and is very cool. In the summer, I got highlights at a salon in three colors, platinum, a medium tone, and a color slightly darker than my natural one. However, when it started growing, the color was much lighter than my natural color (which I didn't want). After about 2 inches or roots, I did a strand test and died my hair with L'Oreal Feria in "Cool Blonde" which is actually a VERY warm color, even though it said dark ash blonde on the box. Now I'm thinking I'd like to just get my hair back to close to my natural color. I like the shades in the Garnier Nutrisse line (Ginger Ale, Vanilla Malt, Almond Creme), but I'm worried my hair will start looking really weird or falling out or something. Anyone know much about color over color?

Abby
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2000 at 1:56am
Hi,

It is very wise of you to be thoughtful before you add color to your color. Yes, if you keep applying more chemical products on top of existing chemicals, there is a possibility that you can dry out your hair or have other problems. I would strongly suggest that if you want to return to your previous color that you consult an expert who can get you back to your original color with the least amount of trauma to your hair.

Best wishes,
Karen Shelton
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic