Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDeep Conditioning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deep Conditioning
    Posted: January 17 2000 at 1:38am
I am a guy with average length hair and I was wondering if there would be any point in having a deep conditioning treatment. I have dyed my hair but it is still in pretty good shape. I just saw a few posts on deep conditioning and I was wondering if this is something that I should think about. Thanks for your help.
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2000 at 12:32am
Hi Jason,
The point of deep conditioning is to replenish your hair with moisture because when you wash the hair, natural oils (sebum) may get stripped away, depending on the shampoo you use. Many shampoos contain detergents which tend to dry out the hair and make it more prone to breakage and split ends. Some people do not have this problem, and their hair gets conditioned by their natural oils; in such cases, deep conditioning is not harmful, but the excess moisture may cause the hair to look limp. However, most people are not so lucky, and they depend on conditioners. So I would say this: if your hair is dry and prone to damage, try a deep conditioning treatment. If your hair receives moisture naturally from your scalp, and if you do not have problems with damage, "if it aint broke, don't fix it!"
Take care,
PD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic