Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedElectric hair straightener

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
chrissie blaze View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissie blaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric hair straightener
    Posted: January 18 2000 at 11:52am
I have long wavy, coarse hair and am thinking of buying one of those Conair or Babybliss hair straighteners (like a crimper). I have heard terrible reports about them damaging your hair and other reports that make your hair look fantastic.

Has anyone out there usesd one and if so, can they recommend one. Some people say the steam ones are the best and others say they make your hair frizzy.

Thank you for your time.
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 9:49am
I have the Conair and use it on occaision. In my humble opinion, these devices, as with any other hair product or electric hair appliance, are best used in moderation. I have not had any bad side effects, but I do not use it every day. If I do not blowdry my hair, it is very curly. If I blow it dry without a heat-activated anti-humidity product, it will be semi-straight, but frizzy and will curl up by mid-day. When I use the conair, I am sure my hair is COMPLETELY DRY before I use it, and I make sure that I have used a heat-protective product on my hair such as Citre Shine or (lately) TIGI control freak. It does what it says it will do..my hair is straight and shiny.
Chrissie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrissie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2000 at 1:08pm
Laura:

Do you have the Conair model with steam, or without?

Your post was very helpful, by the way. Thank you!

Chrissie
Superstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2000 at 12:49am
Hi I used the conair striahgting iron too.Im a 19 male wiht a wave in my hair but its still pretty straight anyway i wanted perfectly straight hair and the first time i used it it made my hair perfectly straight and i got addicted to it and used it like everydfay for bout 3 weeks sometimes twice a day or more.ever since my hairt has been breakin at the tips and it seems thinner too,i used it bout 6 mts ago,if u sue it not near as much as i did im sure itll work bout i totally abused it and now im worried im gonna have some probs cuz of it.
Shannon
Laura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2000 at 3:08pm
All the more reason to make sure hair is dry to start. It (the steam) does not leave my hair wet in any way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic