Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHelp! did anyone have "80s hair"?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jenweaver View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenweaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! did anyone have "80s hair"?
    Posted: January 26 2000 at 2:09pm
Hi all!
My school is having a "Milennium Ball" coming up in two weeks and instead of going all formal everyone has to come dressed as their favorite decade. My boyfriend and I decided on the 80s. I think I have my outfit picked out (think Flashdance/Olivia Newton John Physical) but I'm not sure how to do the stereotypical hair and makeup of the 80s.
I've been told I have the right hair to do really big, high hair (like female fans of Jon Bon Jovi) but am not sure how...

If anyone has some tips/advice/pictures I'd appreciate it so much!

What decade would YOU go as?
brenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2000 at 2:08pm
Ok, first blow dry your hair upside side (ie. with your hair hanging down toward the floor)...you could run mousse through your hair to help give it some lift.

Then, pull up your hair with your fingers and apply copious amounts of hairspray to the roots.

Pick through it all to loosen up any clumpy areas then spray the whole mess again.

Click here to see one of my old yearbook pics where this process was used. You can also see the make-up.

brenda
brenda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brenda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2000 at 2:10pm
No html?

the link was

www.geocities.com/Athens/Atlantis/1561/Big80shair.jpg
brenda
Bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2000 at 12:42pm
I am indeed a child of the 80s...

OK this is how I did it.

Spray - tease - spray - tease - spray.

lol
seriously.

What kind of hair do you have? permed/straight?

A perm makes it easier. if not curl your hair on hot sticks.

finger separate your hair (if you curled it) if you have a perm, do the upside down blow-dry thing like brenda says.

I sprayed my roots when they were wet, then blow dried.

Dont' comb after blowdrying - just pick and fluf the flat spots.. Curl your bangs. Spray while on the curling iron then take the iron out carefuly so the curl stays curled up - let cool. Tease and spray them when done. To get the sides to stick out away from your face: Tilt your head to the side so your hair is away from your head and spray close to your head - on the hair against your scalp to 2 inches out. Use your hand or a vented hairbrush to hold the hair in place and blowdry on a low cool setting to get it to set.

Makeup? Lots of eyeliner and high gloss lipstick.

You can email me directly if you have any questions.

tanya
ps, I will see if I can find a pic for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic