Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI NEED HAIR HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Violet1974 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I NEED HAIR HELP!!!
    Posted: January 27 2000 at 6:46pm
Hi...my name is Susan. I'm 25 yrs old. I started coloring my hair about 9-10 yrs ago. At first, I used
Sun-In and/or peroxide/lemon juice and water. Then I moved onto professional highlights, and then permanent color.
Over the years, I've noticed my hair getting limp and lifeless. I need a new hair boost! I was thinking of coloring my hair back to my natural color (dark brown) and maybe adding some blond chunks to it. I'm also trying to grow my hair out again - I had a short, pixie cut for the summer. I'm on a tight budget, so I would need to do this myself at home. Does anyone have suggestions as to what products to use and what would be the best for my hair to bring the life, volume, length, and shine back to it?

Thanks a million,
Susan (violet1974@aol.com)
dyernad View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyernad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2000 at 7:09pm
How long is your hair now? How long are you growing out to?

Violet1974 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Violet1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2000 at 1:14am
My hair is still rather short - it's about 4" long.
As for the color, I've been using Feria in the color Cardinal, but I'm due for another coloring, so it's kind of fading out and you can see the dark roots appearing.
I wanted to do something different, and my boyfriend suggested I go back to my natural color (dark brown).
But I'd like to put some highlights or chunks with it.
Still debating....looking for suggestions on what to use and how to go about it. If it makes any difference, I have brown eyes and fair skin.
A good few years back I had blond hair about 1/2 way down my back. But I'm not sure if I want to go that long again -
maybe shoulder length or just below - not sure yet.

Thanks,
Susan
bunny7744 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunny7744 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2000 at 1:45pm
I did the same thing. I constantly changed my hair color and permed my hair. I noticed the same problems. I was told my head was stressing from all the abuse, so I let my hair grow out to it's natural color, protect it from the sun then started just putting highlights in it.

It made a difference.

tanya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic