Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedShampoo & changing hair...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shelley T View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shelley T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shampoo & changing hair...
    Posted: January 28 2000 at 10:29am
Hi,

I have recently developed a problem with oily hair. I used to wash it every 2 or 3 days and it was always on the normal/dry side. All of the sudden I'm barely able to make it 24 hours!

The onl thing I can attribute it to is my switching shampoos from either Aussi or Johnson's baby (my kid's). I bought Finesse and that is about the time I noticed it. I have always conditioned with Tres'emme, but even omitting it for a time did nothing.

Is there a good off the shelf shampoo that is good quality whether for oily hair or not. I don't really want to use one for oily hair since I have long hair and I don't want it to dry my ends.

Thanks!

Shelley
Shelley T
longerhair View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longerhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2000 at 4:09pm
I have been using a product Sebastian Laminates for about a year and am very happy with it. I too have long hair and it leaves my hair feeling good for 2-3 days. It also makes it nice and smooth and easy to style. It costs about $12 for 11 oz. in the stores but I have bought it online for $20 for a 32 oz. bottle
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2000 at 12:32pm
Hi, have you tried just a basic clarifying shampoo that is a simple cleanser? Some suggestions are Aveda Pure-Fume Brilliant Shampoo for Treated, Dry or Textured Hair (don't worry -- I have oily hair and have used this with success), Halsa Highlights Herbal Swedish Formula Daily Shampoo, Marigold and Orange Blossom, VitaVive by L'Oreal (Daily Care for Normal Hair, Multi-Vitamin Clear Shampoo), Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo, CAT by Redken (CAT Revitalizing Shampoo), Style by Lamaur Clarifying Shampoo for Normal to Oily Hair, or Exotics by White Rain or Herbs & Blossoms by White Rain.

I would use shampoo on the scalp, and when you rinse off the shampoo, it will obviously run down over your ends, and I've read that that's really usually the only "cleaning" the ends need.

Then, I'd use conditioner on the very ends only. Obviously, you don't want it on the scalp! But probably anything below shoulder-length would benefit from some conditioning, since that hair is "older."

Good luck!

Jennifer
dodo View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2000 at 8:46pm
Hi there!ps.I'm using the Aveda Purefume Brilliant shampoo for my coarse oily hair.Aveda actually recommended it to me.It was actually meant for coarse hair not really dry hair.Ic hose it for its daily deepcleansing benefits which are suppose to be excellent for oily hair :)May I know more about your hair cair regime.My hair is short and theres nothing much to talk about.I use the brilliant shampoo daily and use Neutrogenas Anti Residue shampoo weekly(great product shame about the fragnance).I only condition with the purefume brilliant conditioner twice a week.I plan to interchange it with an (gentle and natural)oily hair shampoo soon enough becuase i still feel my hair has sebum plugs.Hope to see from you soon.:)
Jennifer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jennifer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2000 at 11:37am
Hi Dodo,

>>It was actually meant for coarse hair not really dry hair.Ic hose it for its daily deepcleansing benefits which are suppose to be excellent for oily hair :)

Hmmm....I guess I never thought about why it worked! I have to admit that I do love the soft, yet non-greasy feeling it gives my hair, even without conditioner.

>>May I know more about your hair cair regime.My hair is short and theres nothing much to talk about.

Well, the same with me! Mine is short now, but very healthy. I pretty much just wash and condition it, and once a week, I deep condition it. I am growing it out, so I'm trying to take good care of it. When it gets longer, I will probably put some light highlights in it again and possibly use the blow dryer on it some, though trying to keep it to minimum. Right now, the shampoo I'm using is White Rain classic care extra body. The conditioner is Neutrogena detangling formula. And the deep-conditioner that I use with a bonnet hair dryer is Pantene.

>>I only condition with the purefume brilliant conditioner twice a week.

I don't currently have any of it, but I am thinking of using it for a deep conditioning treatment. Also, I love the smell!

Take care,

Jennifer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic