Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedchamomile tea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
splash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: chamomile tea
    Posted: February 07 2000 at 12:33pm
I've heard that chamomile tea will do good things to lighten up blonde hair. I'm trying to lighten up my blonde hair without using dyes - do home remedies even work?
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2000 at 11:47pm
Chamomile tea will not color your hair, but it can bring out highlights. Tea bags don't work as well as buying chamomile in bulk, because companies tend to add other herbs into their tea as well. You can buy chamomile in bulk at healthfood stores.

Another easy way to bring out highlights is to use lemon juice. For both chamomile and lemon juice, don't expect a drammatic change. They will not MAKE highlights-- they only BRING OUT highlights by making your hair shinier and slightly (very slightly) yellow-tinted.

For a more drammatic change, you can try natural henna. Healthfood stores carry henna in various colors, so you can choose which one you like best.

Good luck,
PD
splash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote splash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2000 at 1:55pm
I heard henna was a bad product for hair. That's why I didn't use it. Can you tell me what you know?
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2000 at 11:41pm
Personally, I have never used henna. But I know one woman who has. Henna makes her hair much thicker and stronger, but also dryer. If I were you, I wouldn't use henna on all of the hair, otherwise it might become coarse. But I think a few highlights would be fine-- way safer than a whole head of hair. Besides, compared to all of the chemical and unnatural hair dyes, I think henna is by far a safer product.

If you try henna, I would suggest doing a good, long moisturizing treatment before coloring/highlighting...and probably another moisturizing treatment right after, too.

Good luck,
PD
vanessa25 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanessa25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2000 at 7:12pm
WELL i HAVE USED NOT EXACTLY HENNA, BUT ONE CALLED BIGEN AND ITS GREAT, IT DOESNT LIGHTENHAIR BUT THEY HAVE GREAT SHADES I USED A LIGHT CHESTNUT AND I WAS SURPRISED AT THE RESULTS CAUSE I USUALLY ONLY USE THE ORIENTAL BLACK, ITS A PERMANENT COLOR SO, WHAT I LIKE ABOUT IT IS THAT I HATE TO GET RED SHADES OR GOLD SHADES ON MY HAIR, LIKE IF I USED A BROWN IT AND THE BASE WAS RED I WOULD HAVE THOSE RED STREAKS ALL OVER, WITH THIS YOU JUST GET PURE COLOR WITH NO RED OR GOLD IN IT, ITS GREAT JUST THAT IT DOESNT LIGHTEN DARK HAIR, TRY IT IT REALLY WORKS AND HAS NO PEROXIDE, I LOVE IT!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic