Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFOUR FEET OF HAIR...HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WUVIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUVIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FOUR FEET OF HAIR...HELP!
    Posted: February 08 2000 at 8:50pm
I have hair that grows extremely fast. It is very healthy and beautiful. The problem is, I have worn my hair up 90% of the time over the past many years, therefore, when it is
down I am not used to it. I wear it up to keep it free from tangles and such and I hate to wear it down a lot because then you get tangles, then you have to brush, and a lot of brushing is a bad thing for my hair. So...I've tried pony tails...not me. I've tried braids, too heavy. I don't like my hair flowing free, refuse to use rubber bands, and want a way to wear it down with style.
Help? Thanks. Karen Marie.
Karen Marie... / ACCOLADY

"You never see Eve, Venus, or the Graces painted with cropped hair."
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2000 at 7:12am
Karen Marie,

It sounds to me like you already have your answer. I mean, you think it is to heavy, you don't like to wear it down, and obviously you like what you look like wearing it up. I would try something shorter. It would be easier to deal with and not as heavy. I would say pretty short since you like what you look like with your hair up, but that might be to much of a drastic change. What do you think? -Brian (bnbivi00@hotmail.com)
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2000 at 12:11pm
Hi Karen Marie,

A few suggestions which may be of help...

If your hair tangles easily, it may be moisture (oil) deprived. A good moisturizing shampoo/conditioner, such as Aubrey Organics J.A.Y., will leave your hair soft and less likely to tangle. If your hair still tangles easily, consider using a small amount of jojoba oil on the mid-shaft and especially near the ends. A boar-bristle brush helps evenly distribute the oils in the hair.

Also, when making braids, it's important to ensure that each section is smoothed and held equally taught at the base of the braid. This helps avoid one section from supporting the weight of the other two.

There are a number of ways you can wear long hair down. The Hair Boutique gallery has a number of pictures with long loose hairstyles.

Hope this helps!

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic